UBS Financial Services Technology Risk Controls Office & Frameworks SME in London, United Kingdom
Can you investigate complex situations and propose solutions? Do you have experience working in complex technology control environments? We are looking for someone like that to join our Controls Office & Frameworks team as part of Technology Risk Management and to:
– act as a technology risk and controls expert in a role pivotal in defining how Group Technology implements the firm's operational risk framework
– advise stakeholders on control implementation, risk processes improvements, as well as managing the underlying analysis and defining recommendations. This work includes an exciting mixture of business as usual activities and change projects.
– routinely interface with various stakeholders across all of Group Technology's functional streams, as well as with the Technology Risk Management organization and the firm's 2nd and 3rd line control functions.
– support the implementation of Continuous Controls Monitoring for Group Technology-owned Controls
– consult and provide expertise in risk-related frameworks, regulations, policies, processes & tools
– ensure that UBS Technology operates as documented in our Operational Risk Framework
– establish and maintain an effective culture of risk management
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Technology Risk Management (TRM) organization in London as part of our Controls Office & Frameworks team. Our remit is to ensure that Technology operate as documented in the Operational Risk Framework (ORF) across regionally and functionally-aligned teams. We’re responsible for technology risk management, overseeing risk remediation, and ensuring technology controls are designed and operating effectively. You'll be working closely with your counterparts – business risk managers, Technology Services, as well as the 2nd and 3rd lines of defence.
Your experience and skills:
– Extensive experience in technology and IT risk management, risk controls, or audit in the financial services industry
– a university degree, ideally in computer science or information technology or engineering related discipline is a plus.
– a risk or control-related certification, such as CRSIC or CISSP, is preferred
– extensive knowledge and practical experience in the use of risk and control related frameworks and standards (e.g., Cobit, COSO and ISO standards regarding especially information security, BCM and risk management), IT industry best practices (e.g., ITIL or PMP) and process optimization (e.g., Lean/Six Sigma)
– strong analytical skills and a sound technology background
– strong problem-solving and communication skills, including experience presenting to senior management
– an understanding of operational risk management and implementation in practice
– sound experience in data analysis, validation and presentation of results (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Tableau)
– act as a risk and control subject-matter expert for UBS Technology and operational processes, supporting the organization in all areas of IT risk management
– ensure risk frameworks are operating effectively
– identify and assess operational risks, issues and associated action plans from all phases, from inception through completion
– translate IT issues to business risk and effectively communicate them to senior management
– assist in managing a progressive and sustainable control environment
– a great communicator (and you know how to handle challenging situations), up to Senior Management level
– a flexible and resilient manager with strong interpersonal skills taking initiative to drive things forward
– methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail
– able to develop methodologies based on industry best practices that are adapted to UBS' needs and can be readily applied by the organization
– able to surface and assess issues, control deficiencies and emerging risks
– able to provide advice on practical solutions to sustainably remediate and minimize risks and control deficiencies
– able to effectively and efficiently run or oversee larger risk and control related project with tight deadlines
– confident in dealing with colleagues at all levels, in multiple locations
– above all we will value the diverse experience you have gained through your career
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 173102BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Technology Risk Controls Office & Frameworks SME
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT), Risk