UBS Financial Services Technical Project Engineer in London, United Kingdom
Are you a Technical Business Analyst second to none? Do you consider yourself as someone who can deliver best in class business solutions? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– deliver state of the art solutions in Java technology stack
– deliver technical change to the UBS IT applications by guaranteeing accurate, on-time execution, adherence to quality standards, timely and accurate reporting while managing issues and risks
– participate in the project lifecycle from requirements specification to implementation, ensuring that the solution fits its intended purpose from a functional, technical, and quality perspective
– engage other business analysts, developers, outsource vendors and end-users at appropriate stages in the project lifecycle
– ensure awareness of & adherence to industry trends and firm-wide strategies and initiatives
– develop optimum solutions (included high / low level technical designs, specification and technology evaluations) using firms' approved methodologies
– configure the structure, rules, and logic into the strategic service based costing model and pricing toolset
– partner with the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) Management team, to plan and implement changes to the design of the production service costing and pricing model, in accordance with defined principles and guidelines
– develop deep functional knowledge and subject matter expertise of resources, data sources, and the usage of tools to support service costing and pricing
– translate key user requirements into functional, technical and/or data source structure change requests as services evolve; work with tool/data provider partners to implement changes
– execute day-to-day process & procedure controls; manage domain specific documentation; resolve issues and institute process improvements, as required
– cross-train in the support and development of reports and visual dashboards aimed at supporting the key service ownership roles
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will work in a global team of technologists in the capacity of Technical BA which is a key technical role, for the Service Transformation project within GCOO IT. The successful candidate will have technical delivery responsibility for a global project, managing and integrating change activity involving diverse systems, technologies and processes.
Your experience and skills:
– an understanding of what it takes to run successful projects in financial services
– familiarity with the regulatory environment governing outsourcing
– a pragmatic \"can do\" attitude
– a skillful, professional approach to all aspects of software engineering
– ability to collaborate users and business analysts to define functional specifications
– understanding of standard development life-cycle processes
– propensity to adherence to code quality and to coding standards
– ability to work as a member of a self-organizing agile feature team
– what it takes to develop the solution and guide the future evolution of the system
– readiness to learn and help others to learn
– experience applying business analysis techniques, and working across multiple teams and functions in refining business requirements
– ability to adapt quickly to new processes and standards, with a strong commitment to providing exceptional client service
– strong knowledge in cost management / management accounting disciplines, and experience translating requirements into financial models; experience in utilizing a leading IT Financial/Business Management tool is a plus
– demonstrated experience in working with large data sets of financial and/or non-financial data in structuring analysis
– have a strong understanding of service management concepts in either an IT or non-IT environment
– a Java technologist with minimum 5+ years' hands-on development and configuration experience
– strong in RDBMS especially Oracle and PL/SQL
– experienced in modelling in an industry leading IT Financial/Business Management tool such as Apptio or VMWare vRealize Business
– strong in all aspects of the application development, SDLC Methodologies, and exposure to agile is a plus
– experienced in Business Analysis, and requirements gathering techniques
– experienced in working in a global, enterprise IT management environment
– experienced in analysis, design, development, testing and support/troubleshooting
– comfortable in working with global teams from diverse backgrounds and cultures
– proficient in organization and leadership skills with the ability to facilitate technical sessions
– a great communicator, you know how to speak with people at all levels
– an expert at collaboration, building networks and connections
– known for hitting deadlines and staying within budget
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 171361BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Technical Project Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)