UBS Financial Services Solution Lead (BI and Tech Architect) in London, United Kingdom
Are you excited about working with innovative applications and want to work with a talented team? Have you worked in an agile team delivering to engaged sponsors with changing business requirements? Are you happy to learn new methods and new ideas as part of team working across two completely different business areas? If so, you are the right person for the role. We’re looking for someone like that to work as a front end developer for a web based senior management decision support tool across Treasury and Market Risk. We are looking for someone who can:
Work in an Agile cross functional team
Work across the technology streams to help formulate a technical roadmap, encouraging ideas for moving the platform forward and look for opportunities to deliver enhanced functionality to the user using the latest cutting edge technology
Work closely with upstream data delivery streams to drive the data sourcing strategy for the platform, someone who is happy to challenge the status quo for a better outcome
Demonstrate excellent collaboration skills working closely with clients, sponsors and stakeholders across business and technology, in global locations.
Integrate quickly into a fast moving team
Take responsibility for their own work, and guiding more junior team members, Pro-actively identify and call-out risks to project deliveries and communicate them to the stakeholders as well as identify strategies to mitigate risks and take the lead on resolving issues
Work happily with end users to refine the implementation of their requirements
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
This is a Solution Lead role in for the team that builds web based (including mobile) senior management dashboards. The platform is not just data presentation it's how we help to turn data into intelligence in an easy to use format that short of time senior managers can make real-time decisions on. The team is global team working across UK, Poland, India and US. The role will be based in London.
Your experience and skills:
• At a minimum, a degree level qualification and have 5+ years of experience pre-dominantly in software delivery.
• Strong architectural and design experience with complex and extensive Microsoft and Oracle business intelligence solutions.
• Extensive development experience and an intimate working knowledge of the full Microsoft BI stack, data warehousing, and performance tuning.
• An analytical mindset around data and data modelling for end-to-end business intelligence.
• Working knowledge of Hadoop or other Big Data technologies.
• Proven experience of leading and managing the technical delivery of innovative business intelligence solutions in an agile manner.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to form productive and collaborative cross-team relationships.
• Documenting technical designs in a clear, concise, complete and structured manner to aid understanding of the business and knowledge transfer.
• Ability to work with multiple delivery teams and manage project priorities.
• Have experience of User Centric Design methodology
• Experience working in an agile and iterative environment, continuous integration, basic knowledge of SCM fundamentals.
• A background in financial services is highly desirable
• Relevant business experience in Financial Services.
• Project management certification, e.g. Prince2.
• Hands-on experience with Microsoft Power BI.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 168866BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Solution Lead (BI and Tech Architect)
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)