UBS Financial Services Senior Sybase Developer in London, United Kingdom
Are you a master of Sybase? Are you passionate about database development, modelling and performance? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– develop the database-layer of a large-scale rich internet platform in collaboration with business analysts, web developers and quality assurance (QA) professionals
– keep a sharp focus on database design, security and performance
– share knowledge across the whole development community
– take pride in the quality of delivered software products and services (this is what drives you)
– identify and resolve design and query performance issues on multi-billion row database applications
– produce optimized dimensional database designs to support hundreds of users querying millions of transactions at performance ranging from minutes down to sub-second
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The IB IT Advisory Research & CRM team is part of the IB IT function and is dedicated to Corporate Center within the UBS Group. The team is responsible for a broad range of applications across data, analysis, CRM, Research Publishing and Marketing. Our role is to develop data warehouse applications for several thousand Sales and Research staff deployed globally across the Investment Bank.
Your experience and skills:
– excellent knowledge of Sybase ASE and SQL (including analytic functions)
– proven track record of solution design, architecture and development with Sybase and SQL (including analytic functions)
– expertise in interpreting Sybase diagnostic statistics and performance tuning queries and batch processes
– knowledge of Unix shell scripting and application configuration under UNIX/Linux
– expertise with real-time applications to deliver complex result sets within sub-second response times
– experience of data modelling a new application, and extending an existing application
– an understanding why design choices directly influence resilience and performance, taking into account Sybase's capabilities and weaknesses
– SQL skills which are second to none, particularly around dynamic SQL, database objects, and performance-enhancing features from successive Sybase versions
– proficiency in identifying sub-optimal database operations using an analytical approach to remediate issues (e.g. via query plan analysis, SQL debugger, SQL tracing, etc.)
– experience of Business Objects, Tableau and Java (optional)
– know-how of agile development practices (Scrum, XP, Pair Programming etc.)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 171492BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Senior Sybase Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)