UBS Financial Services Senior Oracle Developer in London, United Kingdom
Are you a master of Oracle and PL/SQL? Are you passionate about database development, modelling and performance? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– develop the database-layer of a large-scale rich internet platform in collaboration with business analysts, web developers and quality assurance (QA) professionals
– keep a sharp focus on database design, security and performance
– share knowledge across the whole development community
– take pride in the quality of delivered software products and services (this is what drives you)
– identify and resolve design and query performance issues on multi-billion row database applications
– produce optimized dimensional database designs to support hundreds of users querying millions of transactions at performance ranging from minutes down to sub-second
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
IB IT Advisory is a global technology team covering a wide portfolio of IB Research and Client & Sales technology projects. Research Technology builds solutions over the full lifecycle of research content creation through to marketing, distribution and analytics. The Client and Sales stream supports and builds out against a number of regulatory systems supporting the trade feeds. The department is the hub across multiple trade flows and client and sales data and uses next generation data management/analytics tools to optimise client insight.
Your experience and skills:
– excellent knowledge of Oracle 11gR2 PL/SQL and SQL (including analytic functions)
– proven track record of solution design, architecture and development with Oracle 11gR2, PL/SQL and SQL (including analytic functions)
– expertise in interpreting Oracle diagnostic statistics and performance tuning queries and batch processes
– knowledge of Unix shell scripting and application configuration under UNIX/Linux
– expertise with real-time applications to deliver complex result sets within sub-second response times
– experience of data modelling a new application, and extending an existing application
– an understanding why design choices directly influence resilience and performance, taking into account Oracle's capabilities and weaknesses
– PL/SQL skills which are second to none, particularly around dynamic SQL, database objects, and performance-enhancing features from successive Oracle versions
– proficiency in identifying sub-optimal database operations using an analytical approach to remediate issues (e.g. via query plan analysis, PL/SQL debugger, SQL tracing, etc.)
– experience of Oracle Exadata, Business Objects, Tableau and Java (optional)
– know-how of agile development practices (Scrum, XP, Pair Programming etc.)
– delivery minded able interpret a set of business requirements, and turn them into simple, sensible solutions
– experienced in application delivery. You can take ownership of issues, quick to find solutions and will find ways to continuously improve the code in order to prevent reoccurrences.
– passionate with the skills needed to influence the wider technical community within UBS by promoting best practices and pro-actively evaluating and proposing new technologies
– imaginative and creative. You happily embrace emerging technologies and design techniques
– adaptable, able to work across teams and functions
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 167779BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Senior Oracle Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)