UBS Financial Services Senior .NET Developer, Equities IT in London, United Kingdom
You are passionate about technology. You recognize elegant solutions to challenging problems. We’re looking for a software engineer like you who can:
– design and develop enhancements to our core Equity Front Office platform
– work closely with end users to help shape solutions that meet their needs
– promote best practice and contribute to the continuous improvement of the platform
– propose contemporary solutions to legacy challenges
– reduce complexity and improve overall stability and maintainability of the platform
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be joining a cross-functional team in London, working in an agile environment to deliver business-driven enhancements to UBS Asset Management's core equity front office platform. We develop and maintain fully integrated global systems supporting investment workflows from idea generation through to portfolio modelling, construction and optimization. The team enjoys considerable support from users across the Active Equities, Systematic and Indexed investment areas. The stack is C#, WinForms/WPF, and Oracle, with additional use of WCF, ETL (Informatica), ASP.NET and other supporting technologies.
Your experience and skills:
– excellent C#/.NET
– commercial experience in WinForms and/or WPF development
– solid experience with an enterprise RDBMS such as Oracle or SQL Server
– demonstrable expertise in OO design and development, SOLID principles, design patterns, etc.
– experience working with complex, connected applications for a demanding user base
– experience refactoring legacy code bases alongside the use of modern design patterns
– experience of code-reviews, unit testing, continuous integration and other contemporary methodologies
– experience in an agile environment with user stories as the primary method of requirements capture
– some exposure to ASP.NET and other web technologies desirable but not essential
– highly numerate with strong communication and team working skills
– pertinent buy- or sell-side experience with knowledge of financial products and processes
– a self-driven and proactive professional who thrives on cross-group collaboration
– comfortable proposing and objectively defending solutions in a demanding, collaborative environment
– passionate about the development of elegant IT solutions and the role of modern software in the realization of optimal business outcomes
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 168058BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Senior .NET Developer, Equities IT
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)