UBS Financial Services Senior Data Engineer (Intelligence and Big Data) in London, United Kingdom
Are you an enthusiastic technology professional? Are you excited about seeking an enriching career; working for one of finest financial institutions in world? Are you a talented, data scientist/developer that wants to solve new and interesting business challenges? Are you passionate about new software and tools? Are you innovative with broad technical skills that you keep current? Are you a committed team player able to work with and support others as they support you ? Do you have the ability to partner with the business to develop and execute a vision? If so, we need people like you to help us:
We are looking someone who can:
• Create world class enterprise solutions for data processing and analysis using agile methods and practices
• Design and implement new data feeds, pipelines and systems for data science and analytics
• Build and Integrate key components of Automated Intelligence
• Produce high quality technical documentation
• Collaborate with data scientists, analysts and other business teams
• Using data to help answer some of the most complex questions in the financial world
• Liaise with release management teams to deploy changes and ensure production stability
• Collaborate with Infrastructure and CTO teams to introduce new technology as required
• Work with global support teams to resolve high priority defects quickly
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working within Research and Sales IT focused on our Automated Intelligence platform. We use agile development methods to deliver technical solutions that underpin the work of the UBS Global Research, the largest, most experienced primary research team in sell-side research.
We design, develop, deploy and maintain a range of complex systems to enable the capture and analysis of data using both traditional and Big Data technologies, complementing this stack by evaluating and integrating leading edge commercial software where appropriate.
Your experience and skills:
You will have a broad set of skills and depth in one or more areas enabling you to help the team deliver whatever the task, this could cover
• Experience in software development using Python, UNIX, JAVA or Scala
• Data modelling and development in relational databases, such as Oracle (SQL, PL/SQL) and also with NoSQL platforms
• Experience with data visualisation tools such as Tableau would be great advantage
• Development of data pipelines within the Hadoop ecosystem using MapReduce and Spark and others
• Enterprise & Data Integration skills with various technologies (REST API, Web Services, Micro services etc.)
• Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals in OOD, data structures, algorithm design & problem solving
• Experience with test driven development and continuous integration
• A passion for creating software that provides an exceptional customer experience.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work under challenging circumstances without sacrificing quality or attention to detail
• Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships within and outside the immediate team
a team player with a flair for technology
someone with a general ability to pick up information quickly and turn around deliverables under strict time and quality constraints
a great communicator, with superior inter-personal and influencing skills
comfortable working directly with business stakeholders
relentless in pursuing new ideas and self-improvement
performance and detail-oriented
able to plan your own work, follow the plan and ensure stakeholders are updated on your progress
Passionate about technology and data
Curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 166398BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Senior Data Engineer (Intelligence and Big Data)
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)