UBS Financial Services Senior Asset Management Risk Specialist in London, United Kingdom
Are you an expert on investment risk? Do you enjoy discussing risks with portfolio managers, business management, boards and regulators? Are you talented in improving infrastructure?
We’re looking for someone like that to:
– perform value-add analysis on Multi-asset, Equities and Fixed Income portfolios
– analyse portfolios and liaise with portfolio managers on the risks that are being taken
– identify, summarise and provide input on key risks of funds
– liaise with Portfolio Managers, Operations and IT for an efficient and robust implementation of Risk Control
– lead and coordinate risk reviews
– present key risks of portfolios and capabilities to Chief Risk Officer, UK boards, regulators
–take the lead on strategic risk initiatives specially around our risk infrastructure
– make sure regulatory requirements and requests are dealt with in a disciplined, timely and efficient manner
– stay up to date on regulatory requirements and trends
– support the business with new product launches and assessment/approval of new funds and financial instruments
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You'll be working in the Risk Control team within Asset Management in London. The team oversees all business areas of Asset Management including ETFs, equities, fixed income, real estate, infrastructure, hedge fund and multi asset portfolios. The Risk Control team is responsible for ensuring that UBS’s market risk policies are implemented within Asset Management. It is expected that all risks taken are identified and captured in risk systems, models are subject to review, risk based guidelines and reports are implemented on funds where appropriate, and that proprietary capital is monitored.
Your experience and skills:
– a university degree in a numerical discipline, ideally mathematics, physics, finance or economics
– several years of experience in the financial services industry, preferably in buy-side risk management
– strong knowledge and understanding of risk management techniques including concepts such as Value-at-Risk, Portfolio Theory and Stress testing
– strong analytical skills
– preferably previous experience in multi-asset class buy-side risk management
– able to respond quickly in a fast moving environment
– a self starter and proactive
– a great communicator (and you know how to handle challenging situations)
– team-orientated, while able to complete tasks independently
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 178397BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Senior Asset Management Risk Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Risk