UBS Financial Services Risk Control Analyst in London, United Kingdom
Are you keenly aware of the importance of an effective Risk Control Framework. Do you thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment? We're looking for someone like that to:
– be responsible for a suite of controls, facilitating support aimed at the accurate and timely identification of risk exceptions
– identify significant drivers of exceptions to facilitate the timely resolution of collateral margin disputes
– analyse differences in risk inputs and model outputs versus counterparty calculations
– engage with external counterparties to resolve collateral margin disputes
– take responsibility for appropriate exception escalation and coordinate resolution delivery with relevant parties
– collaborate effectively with partner functions to enhance the process and eliminate recurring issues / model differences / exceptions
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Risk-based Financial Controlling Services Middle Office team in London. We are a control function that is responsible for the reconciliation and analysis of Initial Margin results derived from the ISDA Standard Initial Margin Model (SIMM).
Your experience and skills:
– an understanding of the BCBS - IOSCO ISDA uncleared OTC derivatives margin rules
– a proven risk assessment and management mind set, fostering a zero tolerance policy for poor integrity and risk taking
– the ability to analyse large and often complex data sets
– a sufficient comprehension of over-the-counter (OTC) derivative products, specifically with respect to risk calculation and the impact of data / model integrity across the trade lifecycle
– a clear communication style
– escalation awareness
– able to take ownership of the design and operating effectiveness of key controls and processes
– familiar with industry and market driven initiatives, understanding the potential risks and impacts on the businesses that you support and control
– a good partner, collaborating across functions to deliver strategic projects and change
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 169377BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Risk Control Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Operations