UBS Financial Services Operational Risk Specialist – Wealth Management UK in London, United Kingdom
Are you used to working in a complex Wealth Management (WM) business operating in a demanding regulatory environment? Are you risk adverse but risk aware? Do you specialize in conduct risk or operational risk? Do you have the skills to help the business embed a strong control framework accounting for regulatory requirements, while taking a pragmatic and commercial approach where appropriate?
We are looking for someone like that to:
– support the business in managing its regulatory and conduct risks within its defined risk appetite
– perform second-line-of-defense activities in relation to consequential risks challenging and supporting the business
– ensure risk and control frameworks are well designed and operating effectively such that they deliver consistent and appropriate client outcomes
– deliver independent risk assessment and reports that inform our risk profile and appetite
– provide business management with controls, tools, training, frameworks , information and insights required to manage relevant regulatory and conduct risks
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
We are responsible for the identification of operational risks across the whole of the Wealth Management UK business and the provision of solutions to respond to such risks. The team reports on operational risk developments and provides appropriate guidance in respect of compliance regulations and their application. Team members provide subject matter expertise to business and senior management colleagues, develop appropriate policies and provide formal Compliance and Operational Risk approvals.
You will report to the Operational Risk Control Unit Head (UK).
Your experience and skills:
You will have:
– extensive experience in risk management, risk control, audit or compliance in a WM business
– a detailed understanding of the products and services used in a full service WM business
– Sound know-how in the analysis of business processes
– well-developed interpersonal skills
– regulatory knowledge as it relates to wealth management, such as investor protection
– able to critically verify aspects of client relationship management and challenge documentation with an independent mindset
– able to constructively challenge yet remain reliable and resilient when under pressure
– creative and look for ways to support the business in achieving its objectives in a compliant manner
– fluent in English both written and spoken
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 170452BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Operational Risk Specialist – Wealth Management UK
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Risk