UBS Financial Services Operational Risk Manager in London, United Kingdom
Are you able to evaluate risk by understanding and talking to the business? Are you self-motivated and driven with vision, ability to drive multiple work streams with stringent deadlines?
We’re looking for someone like that who can provide operational risk support to IB, specifically to:
– act as a point of contact within the global IB BRM team based in London, working in partnership with the business and our logistics & control partners across a broad spectrum of Operational Risk Management objectives
– take an active role in a number of operational risk change initiatives working closely with stakeholders across the Investment Bank COO and other functions globally
– oversee and monitor the delivery of the front to back control environment by driving best practice for controls design and operating effectiveness
– provide proactive and constructive challenge in all aspects of the role, encouraging best practice and striving for consistency on a global basis
– support Operational Risk initiatives cross IB and provide input for the ongoing development of them
– provide support to Product-aligned COOs on various control improvement and remediation initiatives.
– coordinate the IB review and endorsement of Group Policies and identified the control environment
– provide transparent risk reporting to management, auditors and regulators
– identify, evaluate and mitigate risks, proactively formulate global solutions
– act as an SME on operational risk framework for the Investment Bank and other relevant key stakeholders
– design and document control processes and procedures and identify, evaluate and mitigate risks for deficient controls
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Business Risk Management Operational Risk team in London. We are part of the IB's first line of defense. The team is responsible for embedding and maintaining the Group ORF2 framework to manage the IB Front Office risk environment and deliver related change projects. The ORF2 provides an integrated approach to managing and operating our business and allows us to consistently assess all areas of risk, identify and prioritise gaps, manage key risks and provide a basis for evidencing effective and compliant principles and practices.
Your experience and skills:
-experience in a business management support role
– an understanding of operational risk frameworks and controls
– prior experience within a Logistics & Control function
– strong presentation skills with an ability to negotiate and influence others
– a strong work ethic and a demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and deliver to deadline
– strong analytical, problem solving and organisational skills - high attention to detail is critical
– strong microsoft excel, powerpoint and word skills
– confident with exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills
– results orientated with a track record for delivering continuous process improvement
– able to provide conceptual input into specific projects and plans
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 175661BR
Business Divisions: Investment Bank
Title: Operational Risk Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Business management, administration and support