UBS Financial Services Murex: Integration Developer in London, United Kingdom
As an Integration specialist for Mx.3 software at UBS your mission will be to :
• Assist L2 in handling complex issues or critical incidents.
• Perform Corrective Maintenance activities: Root Cause analysis for production incident and Problem solutioning: design, build and test of the solution preventing the incident to occur again in production.
• Perform Maintenance activities e.g Implement changes and evolution : analysis, qualification, estimation, design, build, test, packaging
• Manage the defect backlog and work with Murex where existing processes / product do not support / fix the issue and needs Murex advise or enhancements.
• Constantly interact with Finance, Risk, MO , BAs along with other Business Department and IT + Murex specialists in order to troubleshoot and support the platform and make the system Evolve according to the Business requirements
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Your role will be in the Murex program team in UK (the team is a global team). The Murex program is a large strategic initiative to replatform UBS's rates, credit and FX businesses onto Murex from the various legacy systems on which they currently run. The objectives for the program are:
• Massively simplify the Fixed Income technology environment
• Increase operational control and efficiency
• Enable our regulatory agenda
• Establish the building blocks for a more cost effective operating model
• Support revenue in all products
The program is run across the business and technology, involving both permanent and vendor staff. It is recognised within the industry as a transformative program that ensures UBS's platform is uniquely well placed to face the new challenges of the industry.
Your experience and skills:
To succeed in this mission, you will rely on a mix of Business and Murex skills ie you :
• Have a good understanding of UBS Business especially on the BO Rates and Credit part with :
o Good grasp of capital markets activities and of common financial products
o Good understanding of Business Process managed by FO and MO end users.
o Good understanding of various market data providers like Reuters, Bloomberg and experience integrating market data from them.
o Good understanding of how/why UBS uses the supported Murex modules
o Good understanding of the business/regulatory/operational needs for the MX features used in each module by UBS
• Have a good understanding of the Mx.3 platform and be a specialist on the Murex Front Office Modules for the Rates and Credit Business:
o Meaning a Solid Core Murex Module & Features knowledge in order to configure the system, be able to troubleshoot any issues linked to core activities and support end-users:
Trade Lifecycle & Event in Mx along with the interactions and processing with Affirmation platform like MarkitWire
Pre-Trade ; fixing procedure ; UDFs, Various Dates in the system ; Viewer ;
Global Operating Model in Mx (Legal Entity, Closing Entity, Portfolios structure, FO Desk and Processing Center …) taking into account the usage of the system by UBS worldwide + different type of group and user sessions
Market Data- troubleshoot the Real-time refresh if it is down for certain users, certain types of market data or market data imported in batch
Reporting basics (Dynamic Table, Datamart and processing scripts)
Housekeeping features available in Mx
o Meaning a Strong Knowledge of features and modules used for the BO R&C activities in order to be able to troubleshoot issues, support end-users and configure the system :
Knowledge of the following scope of products: IRS, Bonds, Futures, FRAs, CDS, Interest Rates Options , Inflation products … and how they are implemented and used in Murex
import/ export Workflows: knowledge of import/ export workflows for trades, counterparties, events etc, the purpose for each of these workflows for the data flow from/ to different upstream/ downstream systems. Configuration of the workflows in place
Market data: Good understanding of the role of market data and its organization in Murex. Usage and configuration of market data specific processing script units, ANT script configuration and troubleshooting, smonit script configuration and troubleshooting.
Integration: Good understanding and working experience of using RTBS, MDCS, MxML Exchange, MarkitWire Interface
• For Bond and Bond Future products, on top of the above :
o Bond static Data configuration screens
o The different evaluation modes for bonds and the information/settings of the screens used to price bonds in Murex for the supported client.
o Configuration of Future Baskets and Cheapest To Deliver selection
o Good knowledge of Java and experience of integrating with Murex API
o An Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Relational Databases and SQL as long as Basic UNIX skills; file system navigation, use of basic commands and creation of simple scripts
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 172949BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Murex: Integration Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)