UBS Financial Services Market Risk Officer in London, United Kingdom
• In this role you will demonstrate a thorough understanding of the dynamics of financial markets with a focus on Interest Rates. You will apply your insight into these local markets together with your detailed knowledge of the underlying financial market products for the identification, analysis and control of the market risk exposures.
• Create transparency for stakeholders through the preparation and provision of meaningful and timely risk information and relevant advice
• Undertake portfolio studies of the market risk within a business, perform risk assessments and approve transactions within the delegated market risk authority and in accordance with internal policies and regulations.
• Work closely with the business while, as the 2nd line of defense, act independently from the business to identify and escalate issues and concerns.
• Enhance the risk control framework and participation in corresponding projects in order to accommodate product innovation and regulatory developments.
• Review the appropriateness of limits frameworks and related controls
• Maintain a climate of openness, transparency and accountability in the team.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be joining the rates Market Risk team in London, located on the trading floor. The team’s major responsibility is to identify, monitor and control the trading and non-trading portfolios market risks. to achieve an appropriate balance between the risk and return while minimizing potential risk concentrations to ensure that the risk-taking is in line with the UBS strategic priorities and values. In terms of the risk identification, the key responsibility is to ensure that the market risks are adequately identified, controlled and made transparent.
Your experience and skills:
• Excellent product knowledge and understanding of market risk and the Market Risk Control agenda.
• A good Bachelor's or Master's degree in finance, economics, engineering or another quantitative discipline
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain technical topics clearly and intuitively
• Good understanding of the rates financial markets and the key market risk measures and methodologies.
• Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to apply quantitative techniques to solve practical problems. Understand the quantitative implications of pricing, valuation and risk modeling on risk measurement and quantification.
• Good presentation skills and willingness to build relationships across businesses and divisions.
• Self-motivated with the ability to drive an agenda independently.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 168182BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Market Risk Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Risk