UBS Financial Services Junior EMEA Control Room Specialist in London, United Kingdom
Are you someone who likes to work in an energetic, fast-paced environment? Eager to learn how a global investment bank operates? We are looking for someone like that to:
– support with maintenance of our information barriers and global restrictions
– review research and oversee the bank's compliance with the Global Research Settlement
– assist in conflict management
– liaise with other compliance and control teams to provide compliance advice to investment banking, capital markets and research
– ensure appropriate documentation of Control Room activities as well as globally consistent standards
– maintenance of the Global Grey and Restricted Lists
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The EMEA Control Room is part of the global Control Room network which has the prime responsibility for maintaining the UBS’s Information Barriers and Global Grey and Restricted Lists. The Global Control Room network is extensive with offices in the U.S., Australia, Japan, China, Hong Kong, U.K. and Switzerland, all operating under a similar global framework of policies and procedures.
Compliance & Operational Risk Control (C&ORC) is an independent function which is responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the Compliance and Operational Risk Framework across UBS. The Corporate Centre ensures that our business divisions operate as a You’ll be working in the EMEA Control Room team in London. We are part of the global Control Room network which has the prime responsibility for maintaining the UBS’s Information Barriers and Global Grey and Restricted Lists. The Global Control Room network is extensive with offices in the U.S., Australia, Japan, China, Hong Kong, U.K. and Switzerland, all operating under a similar global framework of policies and procedures. We work closely with the CCS, Research, Equities and FRC Compliance and Operational Risk business aligned teams to provide accurate and consistent advice to their respective business areas, across a range of regulatory and reputational issues and we also interact closely with Research Product Management and Supervisory Analyst teams in the review, analysis and resolution of conflicts and questions arising from our research product as well as assisting both Research and CCS personnel in relation to CCS/Research interaction issues
Your experience and skills:
– a university degree
– previous experience in control room function would be advantageous, but is not mandatory
– previous experience in financial services industry
– Naturally inquisitive- you will be able to break down complex issues, assess risk and recommend appropriate actions
– self-motivated, able to work independently while also working well as part of a team player in a fast paced environment
– result-oriented and assertive (you don’t shy away from challenging situations)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 173515BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Junior EMEA Control Room Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Compliance