– develop the front-end of a business-critical rich internet platform in collaboration with business analysts, server-side developers and quality assurance (QA) professionals
– share knowledge across the whole development community
– take pride in the quality of delivered software products and services (this is what drives you)
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Banker Portal Mobile team in London. Our role is to build the next-generation web application for UBS's Investment Banking business, accessible through both mobile and desktop platforms. We help by presenting mission-critical franchise data rapidly and intuitively to bankers, allowing them to build client relationships, identify business opportunities, manage deals and track financial performance.
Your experience and skills:
– thorough grounding in standard web technologies (HTML, CSS, AJAX, REST, XML, JSON)
– clean coding and refactoring skills
– proficiency with mobile web development techniques (responsive UI design, touch optimisation etc.)
– familiarity with single-page website model
– knowledge of testing & code quality tools such as Sonar, Selenium, PhantomJS
– understanding of advanced CSS (CSS3, SASS, LESS)
– know-how of agile development practices (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.)
– adaptable, able to work across teams, functions and applications
– enthusiastic, self-motivated and client-focused
– analytical and methodical, using evidence to solve problems
– a strong communicator, fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 173195BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)