UBS Financial Services Java Full Stack Developer – Evidence Lab in London, United Kingdom
Do you have a knack in turning complex requirements into simple designs? Are you passionate about bringing systems to life, and have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate?
– application of mid-tier Java skills to develop software components as defined by the systems development life cycle (SDLC), unit and integration testing components with end to end flows across larger subsystems.
– you will be interested in APIs to support real time data streaming focusing on big data technologies and how these solutions can be integrated within operational systems.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working within Investment Bank – Investment Research and Sales Distribution Technology department. Research Technology builds solutions over the full lifecycle of research content creation through to marketing, distribution and analytics. The Client and Sales stream supports and builds out against a number of regulatory systems supporting the trade feeds. The department is the hub across multiple trade flows and client and sales data and uses next generation data management/analytics tools to optimise client insight.
The team you will be aligned to is Evidence Lab. Evidence Lab is one of the most innovative and highly regarded teams in UBS Investment Bank. The team gathers and analyses primary data from a variety of sources to enable UBS Research Analysts to make smarter investment recommendations to their clients. They specialize in various analytical techniques including web harvesting, geospatial, social media, market research, and data science. The technology team will be focused on building a best-in-class data and analytics platform integral to the strategy and growth plans of the business. You can learn more about Evidence Lab here - http://about-neo.ubs.com/content/evidence-lab.
Your experience and skills:
– Excellent Server Side Java, Spring IoC framework, RESTful API skills
– Experience working on J2EE – JDBC, JMS (messaging middleware tech), MVC (Model View Controller), Tibco EMS
– Thorough understanding of TDD / BDD / ATDD. Experience in writing various kind of test – unit / integration / behavior / acceptance. Have used api / tools / frameworks like Junit / Mockito / TestNG / JBehave / Cucumber / Fitness / Selenium.
– Understands the concept of continuous integration and continuous deployment. Familiar with the tools like Teamcity/Jenkins.
– Exposure to web application, deploying jar /war on web container servers such as Tomcat, JBoss
– Unix scripting and maven, nexus deployment tools, scripting (bash, perl, python)
– Know-how of agile development practices (Scrum, XP, Pair Programming etc.)
– Outstanding foundation in data technologies, data modelling and database development (SQL, ETL, Data Warehousing, RDBMS)
– Prior experience with Hadoop / Data Lakes / Data Pipelines / Data Science Platforms
– Experience with test driven development and continuous integration
– Proven ability to solve complex technical and business problems, have a passion for technology, high level of intellectual curiosity, and a commitment to deliver world-class technology solutions.
– Proven experience of agile development practices
– delivery minded able interpret a set of business requirements, and turn them into simple, sensible solutions
– experienced in application delivery. You can take ownership of issues, quick to find solutions and will find ways to continuously improve the code in order to prevent reoccurrences.
– passionate with the skills needed to influence the wider technical community within UBS by promoting best practices and pro-actively evaluating and proposing new technologies
– imaginative and creative. You happily embrace emerging technologies and design techniques
– adaptable, able to work across teams and functions
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 170209BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Java Full Stack Developer – Evidence Lab
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)