UBS Financial Services IT Software Engineer for Credit Risk in London, United Kingdom
Are you an enthusiastic technology professional? Are you excited about seeking an enriching career; working for one of finest financial institutions in world? If so, you are the right person for this role. We’re seeking expert technology professionals to join our development team within Credit Risk IT. We are looking someone who can:
Develop high quality software solutions / components for the Credit Risk platform that conform to architectural standards.
Manage development tasks end-to-end; take complete ownership of the tasks being developed.
Demonstrate superior collaboration skills in working closely with other development, testing and implementation teams to roll-out important regulatory and business improvement programs.
This is an Associate Director (AD) role in the area of Credit Risk.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be part of the Global Credit Risk IT team that is responsible for
providing the systems needed by the Investment Bank, Wealth Management and Firmwide Risk to manage Credit Risk exposure of its global Front Office functions.
providing the systems that ensure Bank's compliance to various regulatory requirements.
Your experience and skills:
Your experience and skills
– At a minimum, have a Degree level qualification.
– Have 8+ years of experience and at least 5+ years of hands-on development experience using core Java and Oracle PL/SQL.
– Have experience working in teams for development of high-performance, large-scale systems.
– Have excellent understanding of Core Java and database concepts.
– Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work as part of a global team.
– Have knowledge about object oriented concepts and design.
– Have a fairly good knowledge of UNIX (added advantage).
– Have a fairly good knowledge of the financial services domain – especially Credit Risk (added advantage).
– A team player.
– Someone who has a \"can do\" attitude.
– Someone with a flair for technology.
– Someone who has an eye for Quality.
– Someone who is able to challenge the status quo.
– A great communicator, with superior inter-personal and influencing skills.
– Someone with a general ability to pick up information quickly and turn around deliverables under strict time and quality constraints.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 170546BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Software Engineer for Credit Risk
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)