UBS Financial Services IT Software Engineer (AD) in London, United Kingdom
Are you a master of Oracle and Informatica? Are you passionate about Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence and high performance data analytics? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– design and develop complex data integration and ETL processes
– work in collaboration with business analysts, database developers, quality assurance (QA) professionals and external data owners upstream & downstream
– keep a sharp focus on database design, modelling, security and performance
– share knowledge across the whole development community
– take pride in the quality of delivered software products and services (this is what drives you)
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Banker Portal Business Intelligence development team in London. Our role is to provide data integration, analytics and critical reporting to senior management of the UBS Investment Banking business. You will be working very closely with key business sponsors, and expected to respond quickly and professionally to varying business requests. Business management uses our products for daily financial and performance management, regulatory reporting and strategic planning.
Your experience and skills:
You must have:
– Strong experience in designing real time (or close to real time) complex ETL solutions.
– Excellent hands-on experience in developing ETL solutions using Informatica Power- Center (9.x and above)
– Experience to methodically identify the performance bottleneck in ETL flows and come up with appropriate solutions
– In-depth knowledge of Informatica version management and release management tools
– Strong experience in dimensional modelling for new applications and to extend or modify an existing application
– Experience in using data modelling tools (e.g. ERWIN)
– Excellent knowledge of Oracle 11gR2 SQL (including analytic functions) and exposure to Oracle 12c
– A clear understanding of Oracle features related to data warehouse, like star transformation, bitmap indexes, partition exchange etc.
– Experience in automating batch jobs using scheduling tools (e.g. Autosys)
– Knowledge in basic UNIX scripting to support ETL process and batch scheduling
– Skill on identifying and setting up appropriate data transfer mechanisms between systems (e.g. setting up SFTP, HTTPS etc.)
Preferred and desired skills include:
– Oracle PL/SQL programming
– Experience in Informatica version upgrades (e.g. upgrading from Informatica 9.x to 10.x)
– Knowledge in any BI reporting tool. Preferably Business Object - BI 4.1
– adaptable, able to work across teams, functions and applications
– enthusiastic, self-motivated and client-focused
– analytical and methodical, using evidence to solve problems
– a strong communicator, fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 166932BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Software Engineer (AD)
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)