UBS Financial Services IT Service Director - Compute in London, United Kingdom
Do you want to lead a global Infrastructure-as-a-Service( IaaS) team and the Server and guide the Operating Systems services for a leading Financial institution? Have you grown and developed agile compute hosting platforms and provided front-to-back services to clients? We're looking for a premier IT professional to lead a large compute services organization who is passionate about service and building and maturing products and services in partnership with the customer and
• who can drive and craft the strategic direction of the services bringing to bear new technologies
• Develops service management approaches that focus on our customers needs
• Maturing the organization and embedding standard development and delivery methodologies.
• Leads well in a global environment across diverse geographies and skillsets, able to drive and own the transformation of our on premise private cloud to a multi-vendor cloud solution
• takes accountability for ensuring effectiveness & efficiency while minimizing risk, both internally and to the wider organization.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Infrastructure Core is a global organization within Group Technology providing technology platforms to underpin our partners the business applications. You'll be leading the Sub-stream Compute organization, which has a global footprint, and works with clients and wider team members spread across the world.
As end to end Owner for Compute Services, your key objective is front-to-back accountability for the services. This includes planning, designing, building and owning platform services such as IaaS for virtual services and physical services offered to all of UBS. Together we drive consistency across business divisions and optimize operations and support costs, by providing timely, robust, cost effective solutions and products to our clients. We work closely with our operational colleagues wh support the day-to-day running of the platforms and services we offer.
Your experience and skills:
• Consistent track record of technology leadership & delivery and at least 10 years professional would be desirable
• in-depth understanding of service management framework principals and processes
• experience in IT industry
• ideally a minimum of 5 years successfully developing a team
• Cloud & container technologies (Docker, Openshift, Azure, etc.)
• Operating Systems and Hardware platforms (Linux, Windows Server, Intel, AMD)
• Experience with Vendor Management and negotiation skills
• bachelor or master's degree
• fluent in English and eager to work in an English Speaking Global Team
• multidisciplinary leader able to lead and develop people, manage cost & performance, control risk and steer programs
• able to collaborate and prioritize across a complex environment
• Flexibility in the workplace
• Equal Opportunity
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 178175BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Service Director - Compute
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom, United States
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)