UBS Financial Services IT Business Analyst in London, United Kingdom
Do you have a knack for analyzing IT business processes? We are looking for someone like that who can help us:
– determine required IT business solutions and assist in implementing them
– conduct requirements-gathering activities, like evaluating services, using a variety of internal and external data and conducting end user interviews
– support the software engineers and other business analysts by describing the business processes, specification of detailed system and data flow requirements including the organizational structures involved
– assist in quality control and project management
– drive the resolution of issues identified during the analysis, design and testing phases
– identify people and systems impacted by functional and non-functional requirements
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The GALM Secured Funding IT team is part of the Investment Bank IT function. The team is responsible for a broad range of applications across Repo Trading, Inventory, Collateral Optimisation and Transfer Pricing. Our role is to develop IT applications to meet the immediate and future needs of the GALM business.
Your experience and skills:
– Proven ability as a business analyst
– Knowledge of Investment Banking collateral business, control and reporting concepts and their underlying business processes
- Detailed product knowledge of equities / fixed income and businessness like Repo / Margining / Ledger and cash.
– Appreciation for the fundamentals of Secured Funding functions – focus on financial products in scope
–Experience in regulatory reporting and data analysis for such reporting (FINRA / FED).
– Proactive problem and task management.
– Ability to communicate requirements in a clear manner which can be easily interpreted by all those within the project team.
Ability to work in the Agile scrum team with backlog grooming and jira creation for appropriate development work items.
– Experience working as part of medium to large, enterprise change programs across the development project lifecycle
– Knowledge of core development lifecycle concepts, including project phases, project deliverables, and feature prioritization
– Ability to understand quickly the functional components of a system, so as to define business requirements
– Strong communication skills (including reporting and frequent interaction with business users)
– Ability to investigate and analyze data with appropriate tools (database / excel etc).
– passionate about supporting the development of IT systems and applications
– technically savvy with an appreciation for IT capability
– adaptable, able to work across teams and functions
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 169771BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Business Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)