UBS Financial Services Investment Banker - Liability Management in London, United Kingdom
Are you a problem solver? Do you know how to treat clients? We’re looking for someone like that who:
– has a good knowledge of debt capital markets
– can identify and tailor strategies for clients through in-depth analysis
– can manage and support the development of junior investment bankers
– can identify problems and recommend solutions that are logical and realistic
– can build strong relationships with internal and external clients
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Liability Management team in Debt Capital Markets in London. We are a client facing team, leading the efforts in EMEA to manage and optimize the balance sheet liabilities of UBS' institutional Corporate, FIG and Emerging Market clients either on a standalone basis or in parallel with a strategic transaction. You will work on some of the largest liability management transactions in the market, using a combination of tender offers, exchange offers or consent solicitations executing 10-15 transactions each year. We are a small team which provides you with an opportunity to directly interact and build relationships with external clients early in your career. You will also have wide exposure internally at UBS interacting daily with colleagues across Sales and Trading, Debt Capital Markets and M&A.
Your experience and skills:
– a university degree, ideally 2:1 or equivalent
– Experience in capital markets or investment banking client facing roles– solid financial analysis skills, with the ability to produce accurate presentation material quickly (you get it, and can communicate it to others)
- Liability Management (LM) and Regulatory Capital specialism
-Proficient in modelling LM exercises- upfront P&L impacts of LM transactions; structuring considerations for accounting friendly exchange offers; commonly used structures for LM exercises
– an excellent communicator
– driven, enthusiastic and creative
– a resilient team player, even in challenging circumstances
– analyse client's debt portfolios to identify tailored liability management proposals
– prepare and help present liability management strategies to our internal and external clients
– execute liability management transactions, including assessing pricing and participation, drafting documentation and liaising with the salesforce and investors
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 176072BR
Business Divisions: Investment Bank
Title: Investment Banker - Liability Management
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Investment Banking