UBS Financial Services Integrated Middle Office Specialist in London, United Kingdom
Are you a master of Front to back controls? Do you thrive in a busy environment & enjoy reviewing structured transactions? We're looking for someone like that to:
– perform deal reviews and understand deal documentation, features of trades, including complex life cycle and summarise these items in a trade review, trade booking model and lifecycle event capture systems
– review and analyse transactions pre-execution, fully understand booking models and front to back flows for any new transaction
– manage lifecycle management processes and ensure that all life cycle events of complex transactions are captured and monitored
– determine and ensure that ongoing roles and responsibilities for the complex transactions are well known and understood
– act as the focal point for all operational risk issues for multiple trading desks across multiple asset classes. Liaise with other Ops teams to ensure smooth transaction management. This includes, but is not limited to Securities and OTC Settlements, Asset Services, Collateral Ops, Finance, Credit and Market Risk.
– investigate and respond to trading, risk, P&L, settlements, confirmations, structuring, legal and IT queries
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Complex Transaction Management team in London. We are a team of Subject Matter Experts with a deep understanding of the mechanisms of transactions and how they are managed and controlled. The team has a full Front-to-Back understanding of multiple booking models, numerous products types and a comprehensive working knowledge of complex lifecycle management activities.
The team has the ability to analyse any potential new transaction and / or product and is able to determine how best to book and control the product not just from a Middle Office perspective, but also to help the other control functions see the risk they are expecting or the correct workflow following any lifecycle events.
The team is one of the key points of contact for structured product queries from the Business as well as other control functions such as product control, credit and market risk
Your experience and skills:
– strong product knowledge around across Fixed income, Rates and Credit Products and Special Purpose Vehicles
– an ability to fully understand complex transactions, understand how they fit into the respective workflows and controls – ensuring no aspect of the transaction falls between the gaps.
– a proven risk assessment and management skill set, fostering a zero tolerance policy for poor integrity and risk taking
– a clear communication style and an ability to work with people at all levels of the organisation
– strong escalation awareness and the ability to ensure that all risk items are escalated to relevant stakeholders in a timely manner
– an excellent eye for detail and understanding of trade documentation
– Ability to partner and collaborate across functions to deliver strategic projects and change
– Experience of reviewing transactions pre-execution and fully understand the booking model and all the front to back flows for any new transactions
– An excellent working knowledge of excel and VBA would be a distinct advantage
– able to take ownership of the design and operating effectiveness of key controls and processes
– on top of industry and market driven initiatives to understand risks and impacts
– a good partner, collaborating across functions to deliver strategic projects and change
– someone you works well as a member of a team, but can work well independently and on their own initiative
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 172076BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Integrated Middle Office Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Operations