UBS Financial Services Front Office Risk Manager - Wealth Management in London, United Kingdom
The role is to act as a Risk Manager to the Front Office in Wealth Management UK.
Responsibilities will include:
• Issuing Front Office Desk controls. These controls are part of a Front Office Control Framework and may be sent weekly, monthly, quarterly or annually. The team produce the data and send exceptions to Desk Heads who then perform the controls.
• Risk Reporting. On a quarterly basis you will be responsible for producing comprehensive risk reports. These reports contain 3 key pieces of information: team stats, risk metrics and comprehensive action plans. In addition to producing these reports, you will be responsible for ensuring the risks identified are addressed and mitigated in a timely manner.
• Identifying risk hotspots and trends. Using the data from the controls and risk reports, you will be responsible for identifying red flags and trends and addressing these with the Front Office.
• Working with senior management to identify key risks and advise on ways to mitigate or reduce risks.
• Coaching and training. A great deal of time will be spent providing coaching to the Front Office. Where individuals or teams are failing in their controls, you will be pro-active in ensuring this is addressed by offering additional coaching. You will also be responsible for delivering risk training to new joiners in your teams and, where new processes or regulations are introduced, you will deliver training as required.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will form part of the Front Office Risk Team that sits within Wealth Management
Your experience and skills:
• Degree level educated or equivalent, ideally with Risk Related Professional Qualifications
• Previous experience gained in Private Banking/Wealth Management
• Previous experience in Risk Management, Compliance or Audit
• Self starter who is able to work both independently and within a team
• Excellent Communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the business
• Analytical approach coupled with an eye for attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong Excel skills are essential
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 177568BR
Business Divisions: Global Wealth Management
Title: Front Office Risk Manager - Wealth Management
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Business management, administration and support