UBS Financial Services Front End Developer in London, United Kingdom
Are you excited about working with innovative applications and want to work with a talented team? Have you worked in an agile team delivering to engaged sponsors with changing business requirements? Are you happy to learn new methods and new ideas as part of team working across two completely different business areas? If so, you are the right person for the role. We’re looking for someone like that to work as a front end developer for a web based senior management decision support tool across Treasury and Market Risk. We are looking for someone who can:
Work in an Agile cross functional team
Work closely with the Business analysis and UX (User experience) teams to create the cutting edge UI's for the senior management dashboards
Demonstrate excellent collaboration skills working closely with clients, sponsors and stakeholders across business and technology, in global locations, to ensure that requirements are understood, milestones are tracked and projects are delivered on-time, within budget and in line with client requirements
Integrate quickly into a fast moving team Contribute ideas for moving the platform forward and look for opportunities to deliver enhanced functionality to the user using the latest cutting edge technology
Take responsibility for their own work, and guiding more junior team members, Pro-actively identify and call-out risks to project deliveries and communicate them to the stakeholders as well as identify strategies to mitigate risks and take the lead on resolving issues
Work happily with end users to refine the implementation of their requirements
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
This is a Front End developer role in for the team that builds web based (including mobile) senior management dashboards. The platform is not just data presentation it's how we help to turn data into intelligence in an easy to use format that short of time senior managers can make real-time decisions on. The team is global team working across UK, Poland, India and US. The role will be based in London.
Your experience and skills:
– Degree level qualification and 3+ years of experience pre-dominantly in software delivery
– A background in financial services
– Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
– Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
– Experience of creating Single Page Applications
– Experience creating complex data visualization by using D3.JS library
– Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
– Good understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
– Experience with version control systems GIT/TFS
– Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
– Experience working in an agile and iterative environment, continuous integration, basic knowledge of SCM fundamentals.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work as part of a global team.
– Ability to work with multiple delivery teams and manage project priorities.
– Have experience of User Centric Design and knowledge of the Agile project methodology.
– Basic experience with Backend development (ASP.NET, C#)
– Basic experience working with distributed systems
– Basic experience with SharePoint(2010-2016 versions) development
– A great communicator, with great inter-personal and negotiation skills
– Able to engage with people across all levels across global locations
– Someone who has a \"can do\" attitude
– You have a flair for technology and are adept at leveraging the latest tools and technologies to increase team productivity and collaboration across dispersed teams
– Able to challenge the status quo and if required you have the ability to push-back demands from stakeholders
– Someone with a general ability to pick up information quickly and turn around deliverables under pressure
– A team player with excellent people management skills
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 162081BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Front End Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)