UBS Financial Services Financial Controller in London, United Kingdom
This role offers an opportunity to develop a deep and broad of knowledge of financial products, financial reporting and regulatory reporting for a UK based trading business within the Investment Bank:
– Interact with a number of senior stakeholders including the front office, senior finance management, and other departments.
- Represent Finance in holistic assessments of new business activity proposals including consideration of accounting policy, regulatory policy, valuation, control processes etc.
– Participate and support strategic infrastructure initiatives on behalf of Finance.
– Have oversight of teams of Financial Controllers based in India aligned to business sectors.
– Ownership of financial controls aligned with a business in the Investment Bank including leading initiatives to improve these.
– Ownership of financial reporting including monthly P&L and balance sheet, and quarterly disclosures.
– Oversight of capital attributes such as Leverage Ratio Denominator and Liquidity Coverage Ratio.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working within the Investment Bank Financial Control team in London This role will give you the opportunity to build a strong knowledge base across multiple finance specialist areas including financial reporting, regulatory reporting, valuation considerations and operational support and controls.
Your experience and skills:
– Product control or Financial Control experience for an Investment Bank business.
– A professional accountancy qualification.
- Management experience.
– An inquisitive mindset, like a challenge, and can drive process excellence.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 177896BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Financial Controller
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Finance