UBS Financial Services Equities Cash Post Trade Java Developer in London, United Kingdom
Working alongside other developers, BAs and QA teams, and users, you will be hands on in developing post trade solutions in Cash Equities, including significant regulatory initiatives like Mifid, to business critical processes in support of our clients.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You'll be working in the Cash Equities Front Office technology team, working on a variety of initiatives, including regulatory driven change, desk-driven functionality and process automation. The post trade team follows scrum methods, and every individual has the opportunity to play a significant role in the delivery of a global, strategic platform.
Your experience and skills:
You should have:
• 5 years+ experience in core Java development
• Object-oriented design experience
• Strong communication skill, ability to understand business requirement and convert into technical solutions
• 3 years+ experience on Linux shell scripting
• TDD practice and experience
• Experience developing in a real-time, high performance, transactional environments
• Hands on experience of working with general database concepts . Data and database investigation is frequently required
• Demonstrable experience working in a highly regulated environment, delivering to fixed deadlines
You may have:
• Agile/Scrum experience
• •Knowledge of messaging platforms like Redhat AMQ
• Working knowledge of FIX
• Experience in C++/C#
• A team player with strong interpersonal/communication skills
• Able to work independently
• Able to develop creative solutions to problems, keeping within regulatory and design constraints
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 173646BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Equities Cash Post Trade Java Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)