UBS Financial Services EMEA Marketlinks Technical Project Manager in London, United Kingdom
Are you passionate about delivering building robust and scalable infrastructure for electronic trading systems? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– Translate business and IT requirements for connectivity to new trading venues or upgrades into technical deliveries
– Work with stock exchanges, clients and other third parties to establish physical and logical connections to UBS
– Coordinate the delivery of all market facing infrastructure components including the deployment of server hardware
– Collaborate with other global IT teams to deliver and maintain the electronic trading infrastructure
– Identify cross-functional opportunities across the Investment Bank and the wider UBS organization
– Educate and provide third level support to the production services team
– Managing stock exchange and third party GUIs
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Marketlinks team in EMEA. Our role is to manage exchange and client connectivity across EMEA for the: Equities, Derivatives, FX and Fixed Income, Rates and Credit teams. Aligned with the Equities IT function we work closely with the business and a broad number of IT development and support teams, all of which have a fundamental dependence on the market and client side infrastructure we manage. This includes over 30 different trading venues and many more client connections. The Marketlinks team ensures the infrastructure is able to support the current and future demands, manage the delivery of new venues on behalf of the business and coordinate exchange infrastructure and software upgrades.
Your experience and skills:
– Experience working on trading and market data infrastructure
– Experience with stock exchange infrastructure technologies
– Excellent project management skills and with the ability to manage multiple projects of low to medium complexity
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to adjust to audiences of different technical ability from senior business sponsors to IT Architects
– Good Linux skills and basic server administration knowledge. Experience writing scripts (e.g. Perl, Unix Shell, SQL) is a plus
– Good understanding of networks (Switching/Routing). Experience with the following is a plus; Load Balancers, VPN, Low Latency Technology, Precision Time Protocol (PTP), Firewall Security and an interest in learning more
– A team player, accustomed to collaborating with development, support and infrastructure teams
– Aware of security-related risk in large infrastructure environments
– Accountable and able to work with little to no supervision.
– Comfortable in a fast paced environment with the ability to deal with ambiguity and competing priorities.
– Client satisfaction focused - Prompt and effective communications and follow-up is provided
– Fast learner, highly organized, adaptable and above all passionate about technology
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 166859BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: EMEA Marketlinks Technical Project Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)