UBS Financial Services eFX Devops Engineer in London, United Kingdom
Are you passionate about delivering robust and scalable core Java server systems and are you motivated to deliver real business value? We’re looking for someone like you to help us. You will…
– Implement, maintain and enhance an efficient and resilient development environment
Implement, maintain and enhance the core services that are utilised for process management, configuration management, monitoring and alerting
Maintain and enhance the eFRC hardware infrastructure, working closely with aligned support, OS administration and networking teams
– Work as part of a front office agile development team
– Work with wider e-FRC quant development and quant groups to ensure robustness of the technology and underlying the business
– Do level 3 Support, assisting production operations team in rollout and support related matters
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Pricing & Execution team within FX in London. You will be helping deliver a challenging program of work, building out our strategic FX Cash distribution and algo trading architecture. The work has a very high profile and is recognized as a key part of our business strategy over the next few years.
Your experience and skills:
*Your experience and skills :
Experience of setting up and administering a suite of development tools, such as Nexus, TeamCity, Confluence, GIT, Splunk, Ganglia
Experience of Unix and general environment administration
Experience of network traffic analysis / troubleshooting, including tools such as AppTap / Corvil, and metrics capture and analysis
–Java development skills would be beneficial, as the job will entail implementing and enhancing some of the core services that are required by the team
– Hands-on experience with Agile methodologies, especially Scrum applied solutions to cater for non-functional requirements including stability, capacity and scalability and manageability.
– Experience working closely with trading and sales to elicit initial requirements and then iteratively refine these to remove any ambiguity. In fact, you feel comfortable picking up any tasks required to deliver a feature as you have developed a well-rounded skill set through your involvement in all aspects of software delivery.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and ability to work as part of a global team
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 175022BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: eFX Devops Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)