UBS Financial Services Credit Strategist in London, United Kingdom
Do you love to give advice, as well as educate? We’re looking for someone like that who can join us as a Credit Strategist, based in London.
• You would have solid experience in Credit economics and strategy.
• The strategist would be the go-to person for EMEA credit but will also have the opportunity to establish a more global role though participating and leading broader global thematic pieces.
• This is a senior, client facing, and publishing role.
• You will be offered tremendous opportunities for being rewarded very competitively, exposure to a most exciting and diverse global client base, and working with highly rated colleagues, who are focused on strengthening an already robust franchise.
• The final assessment of a successful strategist is being well regarded with external clients, which, for UBS Investment Bank, are the world's biggest real money managers, hedge funds, private wealth managers, central banks and sovereign wealth funds.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
This strategist will report into the global head of EM cross asset strategy, and will be a part of a #1 rated team, spread across Singapore, London, NY and Boston. The team collaborates very closely with economists and other macro strategists, and interacts constantly with internal sales and traders. The team is ably assisted by a group of offshore research associates who help with everything from analysis, charts, to production of publications.
Your experience and skills:
• Strong academic pedigree with a solid and growing investor following, as reflected in surveys and broker reviews.
• Ability to write well and frequently without an editor is a minimum requirement, as is comfort with econometric modelling and spreadsheets.
• Knowledge of statistical and econometric techniques is a must, and proficiency in the use of relevant software languages is an advantage.
• A natural intellectual curiosity and stamina to keep ahead of varied, large and quickly changing markets across the region will help the candidate make the most of this attractive growth opportunity.
• A person with a deep hunger to succeed with clients as a part of a closely knit global team.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 175150BR
Business Divisions: Investment Bank
Title: Credit Strategist
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Strategy