UBS Financial Services C&ORC Data Strategy in London, United Kingdom
Do you see data as an asset and understand the importance data plays within the business strategy? Do you know what it takes to define and maintain a data strategy? Are you a leader people look up to?
Do you have sharp analytical skills? We are looking for someone like this to:
• Define and implement the data governance, monitoring and data process for C&ORC
• Work in collaboration across C&ORC business and technology for data lifecycle and data sourcing strategy
• Support the C&ORC and GRC data governance council(s) ensuring priorities are agreed, progress is monitored and expectations are met
• Introduce data lineage, controls assessment and identifying and reporting any data quality issues.
• Ensure deliverables are clearly stated and understood, risks and issues identified and managed and consumer benefit is delivered
• Work to ensure effective data management of controls and overall clear strategy is at the heart of C&ORC's immediate and long term strategy
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Chief Administration Office team in Compliance & Operational Risk Control. The C&ORC CAO works closely with Group Risk Control Chief of Staff and COO teams to ensure close coordination across Group Risk Control, as well as in collaboration with regional C&ORC chief of staff, business management and change management teams to fulfil its responsibilities. The focus for the CAO team is to enable C&ORC to deliver its mission & purpose effectively & efficiently. We are responsible for the effective operation of the C&ORC function, including strategic initiatives, financial control, operational risk management, business management, people & communications strategy and management support for Global Head of C&ORC.
Your experience and skills:
• An understanding of Compliance and Operational Risk Control processes and practices
• A strong understanding of Risk and/or Financial Data
• An understanding of data management, data governance and analytics
• Proven change management experience demonstrated through the successful delivery of large complex global initiatives in a financial services environment
• Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, both written and oral.
• An ability to tailor messages in a clear, concise, manner, understandable even by non-technical department personnel.
• Experience of successfully forming and developing delivery teams comprising a range of delivery partners
• Self-motivated who likes to grow and stretch themselves
• Highly organized, who is creative and analytical
• A strong communicator, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
• Adaptable, with strong interpersonal skills
• Methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 172492BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: C&ORC Data Strategy
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Risk