UBS Financial Services Application Support Lead in London, United Kingdom
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us.
A hands on technical support lead who can mentor, guide and assist a global team to provide high quality application services for critical applications
– be responsible for major incident management, problem management and request
– manage the relationship between UBS and our vendor partners
– report on team performance and KPIs and develop recommendations, and run with adhoc projects to improve quality of service
– utilize IT and business skills to interact with internal and external clients
– support application owners across several technical domains
– uphold high standards for timely issue resolution
– contribute expertise to the management of existing and new IT products and services
– optimise service issues and gaps and implement service quality improvements
– optimise operational procedures to improve efficiency, reduce time to restore and minimize costs
• Manage the full spectrum of Production Support responsibilities, based on the ITIL Framework: Incident and Problem Management, Release Management, Risk Management
• Incident Management: Ability to assess the impact and urgency, diagnose the application issues using logs, coordinate with relevant teams to resolve the incidents, keep the stake holders updated with the progress.
• Problem Management: Ability to deep-dive into the recurring issues and find the root cause by analysing the log files, symptoms, timing, etc. Ability to articulate and influence the development team, infrastructure team and others to provide a solution to fix the root cause and prevent the recurrence of issues.
• Change Management: Well versed with ITIL processes , procedures and ability to act as a strong gate keeper to the production environment. We expect the person to be able to assess the changes from all dimensions – impact, risk, performance and help to implement the changes in a controlled manner
• Business Continuity Management: Understand the purpose of BCM, participate in BCM tests, experience in handling real time fail over activities.
• Automation and Efficiency Improvement : A person who is passionate about tools ( eg Splunk, AppDynamics, etc.), technologies and processes and can adopt them in the working environment to increase efficiency and effectiveness
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be a part of Treasury Trading application support team that provides application support to the GALM and Group Treasury business areas. The team is distributed globally and provides around the clock support.
Your experience and skills:
-\tExtensive overall IT experience, including team lead or manager experience
-\tExperience leading global follow the sun support teams of size 10-\t SME experience supporting, and leading support for risk analytics systems (specifically xVA exposure calculation) within in an investment bank
-\tSolid technical, communication and presentation skills
-\tKnowledge and experience in OTC valuation / pricing and collateral management, equity OTC contracts, exchange traded derivative products and regulatory reporting requirements.
-\tSolid experience handling queries and supporting applications used by traders, derivatives middle office and risk exposure management desks
-\tFamiliarity with ITIL processes (certification preferred)
-\tStrong ability and extensive experience managing major incidents and outages
-\tExperience with Datasynapse product and Grid technologies, supporting applications running across a large Datasynapse Grid platform
-\tStrong hands on experience in Grid deployments and able to analyze Grid Engine, Daemon, Driver & Broker logs to narrow down to root cause quickly.
-\tAbility to troubleshoot Grid performance problems, connectivity issues and able to isolate faulty grid machines.
-\tExtensive experience in Autosys jobs scheduling, troubleshooting, understanding dependencies and exposure in handling large batches with 3000+ Autosys jobs
-\tGood knowledge and ability to support & manage MongoDB environments from a high availability, performance and scalability perspective
-\tMongoDB SME experience to troubleshooting performance issues, deployment, tracking/tuning, back-up and recovery in dynamic environments
-\tStrong working knowledge on Subversion (SVN), setting up and configuring source repositories.
-\tTeamcity Continuous Integration experience including agent installation, builds, configuration and integration.
-\tStrong exposure in supporting and troubleshooting large Oracle and SQL server databases for complex applications
-\tExperienced in database deployments, analyzing database and application performance issues, backup, recovery and database failover
-\tExperience in UNIX Shell and Windows PowerShell scripting to automate operational tasks and improve monitoring
-\tKnowledge and experience using and implementing solutions on AppDynamics and Splunk
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 175102BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Application Support Lead
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)