UBS Financial Services UBS IB Technology: Enterprise CTO Data Architect in Kraków, Poland
UBS IB Technology: Enterprise CTO Data Architect
UBS IB Technology has a large and complex application estate supporting its global business lines. We need to ensure this application estate stays on the strategic path laid out in our business and technical architecture target states.
This role as an IB Enterprise CTO - Data Architect is to work as part of the global IB CTO and Enterprise CTO division to ensure that the IB Application estate and Architectural health are correctly modelled and digitized in the UBS application registry. This is a critical function as the digitized view is joined with current state to drive cross IB decisions on technology investment optimization.
In practical terms the role will partner the Enterprise Architects, CTO, application owners and business owners to understand the application landscape, roadmap ensure this is correctly encoded (make updates to) in the digital registry. This means utilizing technical and business analysis skills to understand and encode, then to export the data and produce the IB annual enterprise architecture and roadmap documents that support the strategic planning & budgeting. In addition to support the day to day use of this data in making the architecture impactful in delivery design councils and in producing investment Optimisation models. These models will map resource investment to architectural health and business architecture with a view to maximize investment.
There is also a need to challenge the comfort of the status quo and help introduce innovative new technology. A strong sense of integrity is also required to deal with the challenge of running complex transformation where you will balance doing the right thing with taking pragmatic steps to achieve outcomes. Most significantly this will require collaboration and communication as the remit spans a thousand applications and three thousand technologists.
We’re looking for someone who:
• Is an active collaborator and communicator able to interact with a diverse technology and business organization to build a credible presence thought which to influence.
• Has the ability to assimilate a complex business and technology environment and perform the necessary analysis to extract the key details. Then to encoded these details to describe the business and technical architecture.
• Is hands on with keen attention to detail in capturing and managing the complex digitized view of the estate and the associated reports that need to be produced using this data.
• Is passionate about getting into the heart of the day to day delivery and partnering delivery teams in clarifying and refining the digital encoding of their application estates.
• Sell themselves and the program internally via working groups and knowledge share sessions to help teams understand and benefit from being part of the strategic (digitized) vision.
• Is interested in how the IB business operates, how that is represented as a business architecture and how to project that onto a technical architecture with a view to support strategic decision making
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You'll be working with an established small team of subject matter experts as part of the IB Technology Enterprise team and in wider partnership with the global IB Technology CTO group.
Your experience and skills:
• Experience of working with large complex application estates as a (business) analyst, or business sponsor (COO)
• Previous skills in documenting enterprise business and application architectures and modelling those digitally in architectures registries.
• Ideally experience with TOGAF or similar methodology. UBS IB IT does not intend to leverage full TOGAF but we do wish to increase the rigor of internal process.
• Desire to collaborate and communicate with a view to build a strong network and credible technology presence in an organization through which to influence change.
• The ability to plan in detail and deliver via effective communication and influence
• Well organized, a rigorous planner, natural communicator, hands-on, passionate about architecture, technology and driving positive strategic transformation. Inspired by the idea of being part of a team who are committed to making it easy for our delivery teams to do the right \"Technology\" thing to deliver a sustainable platform to make our business successful into the future.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 165873BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: UBS IB Technology: Enterprise CTO Data Architect
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)