UBS Financial Services Transactions Data Delivery Analyst (Evidence Lab) in Kraków, Poland
Are you an analytic thinker? Do you know how to develop innovative solutions? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– develop and apply analytic frameworks to answer pivotal questions in equity research related to consumer purchasing behavior
– own analytic project execution and result delivery
– manage and ensure the quality of multiple data assets
– transfer knowledge and assist in productionalizing developed projects
– assist in identifying and evaluating new data sources and vendors; promote new use cases for existing data sets
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the UBS Evidence Lab team in Krakow as a Transactions Data Delivery Analyst, using alternative data to help UBS investment analysts execute primary research and reach conclusions that answer investment debates. As a member of the Transactions Team within UBS Evidence Lab, you will focus on consumer-level transactional purchase data derived from credit/debit card records, e-mail receipts, and other such sources. We use this data to measures trends in purchase behaviors, consumer preferences and competitive dynamics across a variety of sectors. You will develop and apply analytic techniques modeled on a \"customer relationship management\" framework that draws on the same principles business and corporations use to understand their customers. To learn more about UBS Evidence Lab click here here .
Your experience and skills:
– advanced Excel skills, ideally including VBA
– experience working with large data sets and using enterprise-level analytic tools – e.g., writing SQL queries, performing ad-hoc ETL activities, cleaning and structuring data as needed, etc.
– desire to develop skills in data visualization and use of applicable software such as Tableau
– interest in understanding and developing insights about consumer purchase behavior (familiarity with consumer transactional data is a plus)
– strong English language skills
– 1 to 4 years of relevant work experience as a business analyst, data analyst or in a similar role
– intellectually curious with strong analytic and critical reasoning skills
– a problem solver who finds creative ways to draw insights from imperfect data
– well organized, with attention to detail and willingness to diagnose and resolve intricate data issues
– adaptable, with the perseverance to work through big challenges with constrained resources
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 175688BR
Business Divisions: Investment Bank
Title: Transactions Data Delivery Analyst (Evidence Lab)
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Investment Banking, Research