UBS Financial Services Senior Oracle Database Administrator L3 in Kraków, Poland
Do you like to work in the team responsible for providing Level 3 and SME support for more than 14,000 Oracle databases?
Would you like to have an opportunity to develop your career working on a strong L3 SME team?
Oracle Database administrator required to work within the global database organization to provide a high level (Level 3 or higher) database expertise for day to day support of production and development environments.
• design and implement complex changes
• troubleshoot and solve incidents
• monitor and analyze performance issues
• work with numerous technical teams to improve core infrastructure
• DBA Support for application development and production support teams
• Overspill from Level 2 Global Oracle Team.
• Out of hours rota and weekend working as required.
• Weekend working will include RAC, Dataguard, GoldenGate replication setup duties within complicated, multiway heterogeneous replication environments, connecting to both Oracle and sybase
• Ensure compliance with operational / change management guidelines
• Support for application and infrastructure BCM tests
• perform L3/SME type of activities – complex High Availability and Disaster Recovery design and configuration, Advanced performance tuning and troubleshooting, Database administration
The successful candidate must have an extensive knowledge and experience of Oracle database administration, preferably within the banking/financial industry.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Regional Level 3/SME team with Project Managers, SMEs, Database Engineering and Operations support dedicated to this function.
You will have extentsive and in-depth knowledge of:
– Oracle RDBMS 10g – 11g, 12c a plus
– Oracle Dataguard
– Oracle RMAN
– Oracle RAC
– Oracle OEM
– Oracle Engineered systems – Exadata or ODA
– Oracle Performance Tuning and troubleshooting
• 10+ years of experience in providing DBA support for large number of databases in Oracle.
• An excellent understanding of Oracle internals and Administration in 10g, 11g, and 12c. Experience in managing Real Application Clusters and Dataguard is preferable. Experience in Recovery Manager and OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager) is required.
• Advanced Performance tuning skill to identify the contention at Database and operating system level and able to provide the solution quickly to resolve production issues. Experience in analyzing the Database Health check reports like AWR, ADDM, OEM Diagnostics Packages and should have experience to interpret the performance metrics quickly.
• This is a senior role that will work extensively on Oracle Exadata and Oracle Database Appliance.
Preferable skills / qualification:
• A good working knowledge of Solaris and Redhat Linux.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong troubleshooting skills with an attention to detail and an ability to follow process
• Ability to work and remain calm in a high pressure environment
• Good team working skills but equally has to be capable of working alone
• Knowledge on Automation tools and processes.
• A university bachelor's degree in professional courses or professional certifications
– analytical and logical - a problem solver
– good communicator and team player
– customer and quality oriented, motivated, self-directed and driven
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 178307BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Senior Oracle Database Administrator L3
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)