UBS Financial Services Quantitative Risk Specialist (Risk Models Development) in Kraków, Poland
Does complex modeling excite you? Are you an innovative thinker? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– bring innovation to the Risk Methodology Group in the development, refinement and implementation of risk models
– develop statistical and stress testing models for credit risks using R, C++, Matlab and Java
– research and document best practices when working on a new model, including understanding regulatory requirements and establishing a data model
– collaborate with risk officers, business managers, Risk IT, Change Operations and other stakeholders supporting the proper implementation and execution of risk models
– support regulatory exercises
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Risk Methodology team in Krakow. We are responsible for the development and maintenance of all firm-wide credit risk models, such as credit portfolio models, models for assessing default probabilities (PDs), loss given defaults (LGDs), Exposure at Default (EaD). The team develops models for securities lending values and derivatives margins as well as methods for risk control and monitoring on both portfolio and client level, such as stress testing, expected loss calculation, concentration and liquidity analyses.
Your experience and skills:
– a university degree in quantitative finance, math, statistics or other numerical discipline
– solid coding skills in R, C++ or Java
– solid understanding and experience in statistical methods in risk modeling (regression- and portfolio models, Monte Carlo techniques)
– some experience or strong interest in the financial services industry, preferably in risk management
– excellent analytical skills
– fluent in English
– able to explain technical concepts in simple terms to facilitate collaboration
– a strong communicator, from making presentations to writing technical documents in a clear and structured way
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 168614BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Quantitative Risk Specialist (Risk Models Development)
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Quantitative Analysis, Risk