UBS Financial Services Quality Assurance Engineer - Global Financing Services in Kraków, Poland
Are you passionate about delivering robust and scalable IT solutions to an enthusiastic and driven business? Do you enjoy working in a global group of likeminded IT individuals? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– test UBS internally developed software and implement changes via a defined software development life cycle (SDLC)
– develop testing strategies in liaison with local and remote development teams
– organise and design test suites and test cases.
– operate test environments during testing periods
– ensure the solutions we build are feature rich and maintainable in a resilient and supportable manor.
– support your peers in resolving defects and deploying fixes to production systems in short notice.
– collaborate and influence global dispersed IT teams
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Global Financing Services Risk and Margin IT team in Poland, part of a global group also based in India, UK and US. We build and maintain large scale systems for margining clients across a broad range of asset classes and assessing client counterparty risk with complex market stress models.
Your experience and skills:
– commercial experience as an IT Quality Assurance (QA) person.
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
– working knowledge of different QA approaches.
– experience with distributed computing patterns and n tier applications
– self-sufficiency in PSAL/SQL queries, basic server administration and software installation techniques.
– experience in engaging with highly distributed teams.
– a keen interest in financial markets and a constant desire to add value to our company.
– proven abilities to managing stakeholders and sponsors.
– familiar with test automation strategies and software
– willing to learn technologies and adapt to the organisation
– able to improve older solutions, as well as apply modern best practices to new projects
– imaginative and creative with emerging technologies
– curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
– a good communicator.
– willing to take the lead in high pressure situations of delivery and production incident.
– helpful and collaborative.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 174382BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Quality Assurance Engineer - Global Financing Services
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)