UBS Financial Services Java Software Engineer –GED Trading Solutions in Kraków, Poland
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Will you challenge the status quo? Do you have the drive to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to:
– Work directly with the trading and structuring desks to take our global cross-asset market leading internal and award winning client platforms to the next level.
– Work on a Java 8 / RESTful Web service / Oracle / Linux / Git / Teamcity / Puppet technical stack
– Take ownership and drive deliveries within a supportive team environment
– Be comfortable within a fast moving Agile team delivering in weekly cycles
– Embrace the complex derivatives on the platform and enjoy the challenge of simplifying and rationalising them
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working as part of the Trading Solutions development team in Kraków. The Kraków team is part of a broader global team delivering the technology solutions for the Dynamic Strategies and Actively Managed Certificates business areas. Dynamic Strategies are algorithmic products that observe market movements and drive performance according to prescribed criteria. Actively Managed Certificates are a convenient wrapper that allows a third party investment manager to package a strategy in a UBS issued note that can easily be distributed to multiple investors.
Your experience and skills:
– strong server-side Java development skills, including expertise in multi-threaded programming and RESTful web services
– familiarity with the derivatives business domain and experience of working directly with the front office
– hands-on experience with agile methodologies, continuous integration and Test or Behavior driven development
– successfully applied solutions to meet non-functional requirements including stability, capacity and scalability
– proficiency in relational and non-relational databases with proper usage classifications
– strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and the desire to work as part of a global team
You may have:
– Web frontend experience; HTML5,ECMA Script 6, React / Redux, AngularJS
– Experience with MV* frameworks (KnockoutJS, Backbone or other)
– TDD experience (Mocha, Chai, Sinon)
– Experience with test automation (Selenium, Cucumber)
– an excellent communicator with strong internal client relationship skills
– passionate about what you do (and really excellent at it)
– proactive and comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries and changing requirements
– keen to learn and adopt new technologies
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 170953BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Java Software Engineer –GED Trading Solutions
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)