UBS Financial Services IT Software Engineer – FX Derivatives Trading in Kraków, Poland
Are you passionate about building robust and scalable core Java server systems? Are you motivated to analyze, re-design, code and test relational databases? Are you interested in event driven architecture, actor based concurrency and building the foundations of a new NoSQL trade repository? We are looking for someone like you to help us. You will
– analyze business requirements, design and implement solutions in our FX Derivatives trading stack
– produce logical data models for trading various financial instruments
– translate logical data models into a physical database design with emphasis on performance
– work with FX application managers on the redesign of the current trade repository
– create and maintain stored procedures and triggers (in T-SQL)
– develop and implement test plans
– work as part of an agile development team and collaborate with global business and IT stakeholders
– perform level 3 support, assist production operations team in rollout and support-related matters
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working in the FX Derivatives Infra team on our strategic Foreign Exchange Derivatives trading applications at Quattro or Green Office location in Krakow. We deliver and maintain the business critical infrastructure-persistence layer with multiple FX option trade booking, persistence, query, trade event and reporting back-end components between trade capture and data tier. The programme of work is recognized as a key part of our business strategy over the next couple of years.
Your experience and skills:
– strong server-side Java development skills, including expertise in multi-threaded performance critical programming
– large-scale enterprise, object-oriented design experience
– hands-on experience in building distributed systems
– solid experience with Sybase ASE in a Unix environment, specifically Solaris/Linux
– strong SQL coding, debugging and investigative skills: stored procedure, triggers, etc.
– proficient in UNIX commands and scripting
– strong analytic and problem solving skills
– understanding of database design and implementation using SQL DDL and DML is a plus
– Sybase and UNIX admin skills are a plus
– ability to work closely with business partners to define initial requirements and then iteratively refine to remove ambiguity
– fluent written and verbal communication skills in English and ability to work as part of a global team
– ideally experience in financial services or FX derivatives business
– passionate about what you do, you value excellence, learning and integrity
– proactive, detail-oriented and comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast paced deliveries and changing requirements
– you like a work environment that places emphasis on team work, collaboration and delivering business value while working at a sustainable pace
– can aspire and inspire others to our values and culture
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 168416BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Software Engineer – FX Derivatives Trading
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)