UBS Financial Services IT Application Manager in Kraków, Poland
Are you adept at implementing application and system changes? Do you know how to work effectively with numerous technical teams to improve application performance on core infrastructure? We’re looking for someone like that who can help us:
– plan, evaluate, migrate, implement, configure, test and roll out third party applications into the UBS environment (software, infrastructure)
– provide L3 support for the implemented applications and work with software vendors where there are issues in the applications themselves
– within distributed architecture, define platform requirement sizing, network and controlling components, and system software. Monitor usage and performance, and troubleshoot server and software issues
– analyze complexity and feasibility of new or changed requirements and work with the business and technical teams to incorporate into applications
– plan, maintain and communicate regular maintenance activities with key business and internal stakeholders
– Performing unit and integration tests of software components for integration into larger subsystems, in accordance with the project's adopted standards
– Ability to ‘own’ and manage significant implementation tasks end to end. Development experience desirable and scripting essential
– Work closely and effectively with other IT and operations teams across the Bank.
– You will be working with a global team that has experience of high quality delivery in a demanding environment. You will be expected to get up to speed with the domain and the standards of delivery quickly and ultimately be a significant contributor to the shared capability of the group
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be part of the Group Corporate Services, and COO IT team within GCOO IT organization. Our software and tools are at the heart of UBS's Real Estate facilities where we provide bank-wide solutions to support the business processes in these functions. The team is global based in Switzerland, UK, EMEA, APAC and the US. The software is a mix of Vendor Packaged and In-house Developed and the teams are highly capable in software development and configuration. Due to value fast feedback loops we constantly collaborate with our stakeholders who are highly dependent on our services. We are a growing team with a large role to play.
Your experience and skills:
– a university degree computer science, management information systems or professional certifications
– wide experience working with products like Unix, application servers, web servers, databases, performance, administration and health checking tools
– knowledge of common network protocols and troubleshooting infrastructure issues
– significant experience working with vendor packaged tools and configuring / supporting these in a distributed environment
– detailed knowledge of technology controls including Change Management and Access Management and experience in implementing these within applications
– experience working in international environment
– analytical and logical
– an excellent communicator, with strong interpersonal skills
– motivated, self-directed and driven
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 165317BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Application Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)