UBS Financial Services Internal Auditor - Investment Banking Industry in Kraków, Poland
Are you a sharp evaluator of risk? Do you enjoy investigating complex issues / situations and proposing solutions? We're looking for someone like that to:
– Drive or work as a team member on reviews and audits of the UBS Investment Bank (e.g. of capital market products, trading and sales activities across different types of products) and its control and logistics functions,
– Analyze and assess risks and barriers related to delivery, assumed by Investment Bank and its logistics / support functions (e.g. investment suitability, trade capture and processing, daily P&L production, supervision, conflicts of interest, market manipulation / misuse of market sensitive information),
– Identify and evaluate the effectiveness of controls designed to address these risks,
– Provide practical, innovative and value-added solutions to issues identified,
– Document and communicate audit issues, root causes and risks, and prepare reports of audit findings for UBS senior management at local, global, divisional and functional levels,
– Review remediation actions submitted by business owners for closure to assess whether these have addressed the relevant original risks,
– Develop and maintain relationships with senior management,
– Successfully collaborate with peers in and across audit teams.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working in Group Internal Audit (GIA) Team in Krakow. GIA is an independent function that supports UBS in achieving its strategic, operational, financial and compliance objectives. We do this by assessing key processes as well as governance, risk management, and the control environment within all business divisions and Corporate Center (CC) functions globally. We are independent in our work and report directly to the Chairman of the Board and the Audit Committee.
We are a talent powerhouse that attracts and develops the best people by driving career growth in and outside the department. Our team, i.e. IB Audit Team, is mainly responsible for auditing the Investment Bank Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) areas, as well as their logistics / support functions.
The position is based in Zabierzow k/ Krakow (Krakow Business Park).
Your experience and skills:
– A university degree, preferably with a business background within Banking, Product Control or Finance,
– Experience (5 or more years) in audit, compliance or internal risk management areas within the financial industry. This experience could have been gained at a consulting firm or in an internal audit function, and ideally involve a good knowledge of the investment banking industry,
– Good knowledge of trade capture and life cycle, P&L production, independent price verification (IPV) processes and controls, and ideally some understanding of investment banking business / products / operations, including relevant regulations,
– Strong analytical skills – you are able to quickly understand complex processes and challenge the status quo, identify risks and inadequacies in procedures, as well as propose practical and sustainable solutions,
– Intellectual curiosity to discover all aspects of the Bank and willingness to keep up with industry, regulatory developments and learn new concepts and methods,
– An excellent verbal and written command of English with the ability to effectively communicate with senior stakeholders.
– Reliable when working independently, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues,
– Risk focused, and capable of using data analytics to gain insights into transactions, clients, and investment products,
– A flexible and committed team player, willing to travel up to 30% to other UBS locations for audit assignments,
– Able to prioritize and balance your own workload – you have strong time management skills and the ability to work under minimal supervision,
– Curious and willing to discover all aspects of the bank, with the ambition to advance your career in an international environment.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 175822BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Internal Auditor - Investment Banking Industry
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Audit