UBS Financial Services GFS EFT Java Developer 4 in Kraków, Poland
Are you passionate about delivering robust and scalable IT solutions to an enthusiastic and driven business? Do you enjoy working in a global group of likeminded IT individuals? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– analyse business requirements, design, test and implement solutions as defined by the software development life cycle (SDLC)
– ensure the solutions we build are feature-rich and maintainable in a resilient and supportable manor.
– work closely with our business divisions in deriving value out of their considerable data assets
– form a commercially minded partnership with our business units.
– support your peers in resolving high-priority defects and deploying fixes to production systems in short notice.
– collaborate and influence global dispersed IT teams
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Sabre swaps team within Global Financing Services in Poland. Our role is to provide excellent swaps system software for the Investment Bank.
The Sabre swaps team consists of four scrum teams with staff based in London and Europe. Each scrum team has software developers, QA specialists and BAs, and is able to perform full lifecycle Agile development. Our team also investigates and resolves complex production issues.
This is a highly regarded team who add value to complex cross-system product deliveries. This team works closely with counterparts in US, APAC and EMEA. The team has deep knowledge of the swaps business.
Your experience and skills:
– Solid software development skills in Java and Oracle (Optionally C#, Tomcat, Hibernate, Spring) in prior roles.
– experience with distributed computing patterns and n-tier applications
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
– a keen interest in financial markets and a constant desire to add value to our company.
– proven abilities to managing stakeholders and sponsors.
– willing to learn technologies and adapt to the organisation
– able to improve older solutions, as well as apply modern best practices to new projects
– imaginative and creative with emerging technologies and an ambassador for test- and behaviour-driven development
– curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
– a good communicator in English and Polish.
– willing to take the lead in high pressure situations of delivery and production incident.
– capable of designing software, hardware/network topology solutions for innovation projects
– helpful and collaborative.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 169786BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: GFS EFT Java Developer 4
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)