UBS Financial Services Client Lifecycle Management - DevOps System Engineer in Kraków, Poland
Are you an enthusiastic technology professional? Are you excited about seeking an enriching career; working for one of finest financial institutions in the world? Do you want to define the way our developer infrastructure operates? We’re looking for someone like that who can help us:
enable development teams on the UBS Neo platform to deliver great software in an efficient and sustainable way
can develop custom tools and integrate with existing tools to increase engineering productivity.
input into the Incident and Problem Management process advocating ongoing technical and process improvements
evaluate, plan and integrate technical infrastructure solutions
guarantee a secure infrastructure environment as well as production stability and performance
analyze errors in systems and define corrective measures (you’ve got a good eye)
collaborate directly with delivery teams to configure performance and monitoring tools (such as Splunk and AppDynamics) to get insight into the components they deliver.
use scripting skills and a range of tools to help make our delivery process fast, reliable and automated. You will regularly use tools including TeamCity, Sonar, Nexus, Splunk and AppDynamics
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working in the Client Lifecycle Management IT team in Poland working closely with scrum teams and delivery lead both locally and globally to deliver and roll out UBS Neo components . UBS Neo is our flag-ship product for delivering cross-asset functionality to employees and external clients. UBS Neo runs on a micro-service architecture with state-of-the-art technologies delivered in a modern web interface.
Your experience and skills:
– a good knowledge of Redhat Linux and Windows environments with strong scripting skills (any from Bash, Java or Python);
– previous experience and practical knowledge of version control and build tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Mavern, TeamCity, Nexus, SaltStack, Puppet, Chief, Ansible, ActiveMQ, Splunk
– a working knowledge of application servers such as (Apache, Tomcat, IBM Websphere) and relational databases
– strong background regarding CI build chain and the tools and development processes behind
– experience in monitoring and tuning the CI environment to ensure high availability, efficiency, scalability and traceability
– experience in leading version upgrades and migrations across different platforms.
– enterprise monitoring, scheduling and ticket management products (e.g. Netcool, Autosys and ServiceNow).
– experience in Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD):
– knowledge of agile development practices (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc)
– a DevOps mindset with experience of software development build chains and deployment with the ability to deep dive into issues, technically
– experience in participating in a globally distributed team, providing weekend and on-call cover
an excellent communicator, with strong interpersonal skills
flexible and well organized, service delivery oriented with good technical skills
passionate about DevOps and inspired by the idea of being part of a team who are committed to making it easy for our delivery teams to do the right thing
motivated, self-directed and driven
focused on quality and details
aware of on-going technology trends
ready for multitasking
a team player
a quick learner
fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 169925BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Client Lifecycle Management - DevOps System Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)