UBS Financial Services Mortgage Underwriter in Jacksonville, Florida
The Underwriter is responsible for reviewing and analyzing all credit and collateral documents, then issuing lending decisions based on the documented borrower profile within the program guideline requirements. Underwriters will meet the minimum daily production goals and perform within department audit standards. This individual is being hired to perform high quality jumbo residential mortgage file analysis and must be able to confirm the calculations used to decision the loan such as DTI, LTV and Reserves. He/she will be required to provide a written summary of loan findings which summarize loan characteristics in the areas of credit, income, assets, collateral and the overall transaction. Exceptions on the loan will be clearly document and communicated. The Underwriter will also reconcile findings with published guidelines to address/resolve variances and identify as well as provide relevant compensation factors evident in the loan file. Key competencies and responsibilities include:
• Review of credit reports to determine credit pattern, current liabilities, outstanding judgments and collections
• Review of residential mortgage appraisal forms
• Analyze asset statements for all types of asset accounts
• Analyze income from salaried, commissioned, self-employed, investments and fixed income sources
• Ability to determine monthly income based on bank statements and/or asset depletion
• Knowledge of the requirements to meet CFPB's Ability to repay standard
• Provide a written summary of loan details which clearly documents any exceptions to company guidelines and appropriate compensating factors
• Perform a thorough analysis to ensure the quality of each loan and to determine compliance with company or investor guidelines
• Ability to effectively make decisions in an independent manner
• Must be able to identify tasks to be completed and move forward independently
• Must be able to hold oneself accountable for doing whatever is needed to meet all commitments and deadlines
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The Mortgage Underwriter is part of the Mortgage Group within UBS Wealth Management USA Banking.
Your experience and skills:
• Minimum of 8 years of current mortgage underwriting experience, jumbo mortgage preferred
• BA/BS degree, equivalent education and experience may be considered
• Able to interact with all levels of staff and management
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
• Able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
• Able to multitask, problem-solve proactively and think creatively
• Ability to effectively communicate, work with and build relationships with both internal and external customers
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Advanced tax return analysis skill required
• Experienced residential appraisal review
• Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• An excellent communicator with solid organizational skills
• Expert problem-solver
• Able to multi-task and work well under pressure
• Able to prioritize and adapt to changing deadlines
• Detail-oriented and careful about quality of work
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 169312BR
Business Divisions: Wealth Management Americas
Title: Mortgage Underwriter
City: Jacksonville, Philadelphia
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - Florida, United States - Pennsylvania
Function Category: Product Management and Development