UBS Financial Services Team Lead - AML Transaction Monitoring in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Do you know how to bring out the best in people? Are you a driver of change, always making sure your people and processes are fit for the future? We are looking for someone like that to:
• lead a team of transaction monitoring specialists in their day to day work
• perform AML controls and ongoing review of transactions flagged by the monitoring system
• close out the alerts thoroughly in a timely manner, ensuring significant issues identified are fully investigated and promptly escalated where necessary
• provide high quality advice and training to stakeholders with respect to controls performed and on applicable internal policies and local law
• keep AML Compliance manuals and bulletins up-to-date
• participate in MS&C stream initiatives, work closely with various stakeholders to define business requirements, conduct user acceptance test, ensure proper business integration provide post implementation support.
• manage and foster relationships with key Business, Risk and Technology partners across divisions, functions and countries; ensure expectations are met, obstacles are addressed and relationships are proactively managed
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The Monitoring, Surveillance & Controls (MS&C) function is part of Compliance & Operational Risk Control (C&ORC). C&ORC provides independent oversight of the Compliance, Conduct and Operational Risks (so called 'consequential' risks) within the firm. This responsibility includes ensuring the necessary risk frameworks are appropriately designed and operating effectively across the full operational risk taxonomy, pro-actively identifying and analysing risk, and providing constructive challenge to achieve an appropriate balance between risk and return.
Your experience and skills:
• Bachelor’s degree and minimum 5 years relevant work experience at a financial services company or comparable experience working as an advisor for a financial services company. An understanding of Investment Banking, Asset Management, and Wealth Management experience and knowledge preferred.
• Experience of managing and mentoring others
• Thorough knowledge of AML regulatory requirements
• Strong problem solving skills with an analytical and curious mind set fit for analysis with an awareness of data quality and integrity issues.
• Display strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership ability across all levels coupled with effective problem solving, conceptual thinking, quantitative and analytical skills.
• Good drafting skills
• Technically proficient in Excel. Skills in other data manipulation
• Managing and leading small to medium size teams
• Coaching and providing regular feedback to the team
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 177780BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Team Lead - AML Transaction Monitoring
City: Hong Kong, Singapore
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Hong Kong, Singapore
Function Category: Compliance