UBS Financial Services Senior Legal Counsel, Litigation APAC in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Are you a qualified lawyer in a common law jurisdiction? Do you have experience of advising on disputes, litigation and other contentious matters? We're looking for someone like this to:
– manage disputes, litigation and other contentious matters across UBS Investment Bank and Wealth Management businesses in Asia Pacific
– advise on and manage UBS responses to regulator investigations, and assist with or lead any connected internal investigations
– provide appropriate and timely legal advice to other functions within UBS conducting internal investigations
– instruct and manage external counsel involved in any of these areas of work
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
As a lawyer in the APAC Litigation Team, you will be part of a dynamic team responsible for managing disputes, litigation and other contentious matters across the Investment Bank and Wealth Management businesses. This role involves a high level of autonomy and would suit an individual who enjoys challenges, taking on responsibility and working in a global environment.
You will be required to oversee the matters being run by more junior lawyers.
Your experience and skills:
– university degree with Legal qualification from a common law jurisdiction
– excellent communication skills in both written and oral English, Mandarin and Cantonese is also highly desirable
– more than 8 years of relevant post qualification experience from a leading international law firm and/or financial institution
– experience of relevant regulations in Hong Kong as a primary location
– a strong oral and written communicator with a high attention to detail
– able to make decisive judgments when necessary
– comfortable working under pressure to hit deadlines
– happy taking the lead and working independently but able to work as part of a close team when needed
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 168738BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Senior Legal Counsel, Litigation APAC
City: Hong Kong
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Hong Kong
Function Category: Legal