UBS Financial Services Legal Counsel, Asset Management in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Do you have experience with legal and regulatory matters related to asset management? Are you interested in providing legal and regulatory advice and services to our APAC related Asset Management business initiatives? We're looking for someone like that to:
– advise our business on all matters regarding the structuring and offering of new products and investment mandates, including drafting and reviewing related legal documents
– monitor legal and regulatory developments of relevance to the asset management industry in the APAC region
– support from a legal perspective our strategic initiatives and projects, typically in a cross-border context
– act as point of entry for legal and regulatory matters, supporting business areas in implementing the regulatory framework
– work in a cross-functional team including Investment Bank Legal and Wealth Management Legal globally
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Asset Management (AM) APAC Legal team and be based in Hong Kong. We provide our internal clients with high-quality legal advice, services and solutions. We’re responsible for advising on and managing the legal risks associated with our internal clients' businesses and our goal is to make sure our clients get timely, correct, practical and business-enabling legal services.
Your experience and skills:
– qualified as a lawyer in Hong Kong, the US or other commonwealth jurisdictions
– at least 5 years of post-qualification experience gained in international banking, an international or reputable law firm, preferably related to the asset management, funds or regulatory sectors
– a demonstrated ability to work independently and under pressure on complex legal and regulatory issues
– a team player, collaborative and dynamic in your approach to the provision of legal support to our internal clients and your peers
– passionate about development in the asset management and banking industries
– fluent in English with a good command of a second language a plus (Cantonese or Mandarin would be an asset)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 169241BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Legal Counsel, Asset Management
City: Hong Kong
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Hong Kong
Function Category: Legal