UBS Financial Services Contracts & Commercial Lawyer in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Are you well versed in contract and general commercial law? Can you deliver practical legal advice and partner with business to negotiate complex, high value contracts?
We're looking for someone like this to:
– support our procurement partner and Group Corporate Services colleagues to negotiate and document complex, high value contracts such as IT outsourcing and office leases
– work closely with other members of Asia Pacific IT, Contracting and Shared Services Legal (ITCSSL) team to make sure we deliver holistic and practical advice to our business partners
– provide training to our business partners to help them understand legal risks
– collaborate with wider global ITCSSL team embedded in UBS' Legal Corporate Center Services department in supporting cross regional initiatives and projects
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You'll be part of a regional team with members based in Hong Kong, Shanghai and Singapore. We’re one of only three cross divisional legal teams. We support and advise our Corporate Center colleagues (such as Group Technology and Group Sourcing) as well as the three business divisions (Global Wealth Management, Investment Bank and Asset Management). And they operate in thirteen locations throughout Asia Pacific.
Our work covers fintech, contracting, data protection, outsourcing & offshoring, corporate real estate and intellectual property.
Your experience and skills:
– proven experience in one or more of our areas of work
– excellent drafting and negotiating skills
– ability to work independently (and yet know when to escalate)
– ability to learn quickly, continually develop, and apply knowledge to achieve commercial outcomes
– at least 5 years PQE working in-house or international law firm.
– a strong communicator, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels and from all different functions (and we'd highly value your fluency in a major Asian language)
– qualified in one of major common law jurisdictions such as Australia, Hong Kong or Singapore
– patient and meticulous with good analytical and project management skills
– result-oriented and assertive (you don’t shy away from challenging situations)
– comfortable working in a dynamic and complex environment.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 173868BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Contracts & Commercial Lawyer
City: Hong Kong
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Hong Kong
Function Category: Legal