UBS Financial Services Valuation Manager in Hartford, Connecticut
Are you a detailed-oriented multitasker? Do you have a strong investment focus? We're looking for someone like that to:
• Oversee an assigned portfolio of property and investment valuations each quarter, meeting high quality review and reporting standards.
• Scrutinize appraisal projections against actual and budget operating statements, contractual lease terms, capital programs, appraisals of similar properties, tenant retail sales, appraisal benchmarks, etc.
• Evaluate empirical evidence used by independent appraisers to support valuation conclusions to include comparable rents and property sales and market analyses.
• Assist asset management with valuation analysis and other management analysis, counseling on ARGUS Enterprise software use, lease proposals and sensitivity analyses.
• Participate as a team member in acquisition team’s underwriting efforts, reviewing financial and pricing projections with independent appraisers.
• Work with accounting to deliver final valuation results and appreciation/depreciation change, tracking capital adjustments against ARGUS Enterprise projections, accruals and funded capital expenditures. Communicate quarterly valuation results to senior management and portfolio management via preparation of the quarterly valuation, appraisal highlights and portfolio pricing reports.
• Participate in quarterly Valuation review meetings, sharing quarterly valuation results with UBS Realty senior management.
• Assist with special projects including daily pricing activities, systems updates or testing, development property tracking, forecasting or other projects as required.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You'll be a member of the Hartford based Real Estate Valuation team.
Your experience and skills:
• Strong analytical and computer skills.
• Solid understanding of real estate valuation techniques with experience in ARGUS Enterprise, Excel, Word and other programs preferred.
• Given quarter-end reporting pressure, strong time management skills and efficient utilization of technology in order to consistently meet deadlines.
• Team Building - ability to develop open, constructive relationships with others, including peers, appraisal firm and appraisal review firm personnel and clients is critical as we work with both internal and external groups.
• People Management – ability to effectively manage internal and external resources.
• Strong financial analysis skills with an emphasis on accuracy and thoroughness.
• Eager to advocate change to achieve core objectives in most efficient and effective manner.
• Occasional travel to inspect an assigned portfolio of investments and/or represent the UBS Realty valuation function at various trade associations (e.g. NCREIF).
• Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on real estate, economics or finance. Advanced appraisal coursework toward MAI professional designation or equivalent work experience is desired.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 172708BR
Business Divisions: Asset Management
Title: Valuation Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - Connecticut
Function Category: Management and Business Support, Operations