UBS Financial Services Asset Manager - Multi-Family in Hartford, Connecticut
Do you have a strong investment focus? Are you a detailed-oriented multitasker? We're looking for someone like that to:
• Develop, communicate and supervise operating strategy for assigned multi-family portfolio of properties with goal of maximizing total investment returns
• Demonstrate a high-level command of all aspects of multi-family real estate, including leasing, operations, capital and legal
• Develop annual business plan, operating budget, and hold/sell strategy for each assigned asset
• Supervise and direct the performance of property management firms, leasing companies, and 3rd party vendors such as legal and engineering support
• Actively engage partners and/or borrowers on new development deals in conjunction with working knowledge of construction draw funding
• Ensure accuracy of invoices relating to capital, legal, and other 3rd party contracts
• Supervise the preparation and accuracy of reports including Hold/Sells, Cash Flows, Forecasts, and Quarterly Property Summaries
• Negotiate, interpret, and implement management agreements, leasing agreements, partnership agreements, mortgage instruments, other legal documents, vendor contracts, etc.
• Evaluate property performance relative to competition and the objectives established in the annual operating plan or recent hold/sell strategy (i.e. market repositioning, development of tenant retention programs, management of lease expirations, management of capital improvements)
• Travel to assigned properties, generally at least once per quarter
• Review monthly reporting packages, evaluate variances and trends in operating income and expenses, and communicate results with Portfolio Management
• Participate in the acquisition process as the asset management team member
• Assist the sale unit in the marketing and disposition of targeted assets
• Aggressively pursue ad tax valorem relief
• Review and comment on property information for appraisers
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You'll be a member of the Hartford based Northeast Asset Management group.
Your experience and skills:
• A minimum of 7 years of real estate investment and asset management experience. Prior experience in multi-family asset management strongly preferred
• Underwriting and executing of development deals, including working knowledge of the draw process
• Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to present strategy, recommendations, and decisions in a well-reasoned, well documented manner
• Time management/organizational skills including ability to prioritize work in order to consistently meet deadlines
• Team Building - ability to develop open, constructive relationships with others, including peers, property level personnel and clients
• People Management – ability to effectively manage internal and external resources
• Strong negotiation skills with experience directly engaging partners and/or borrowers
• Strong financial analysis skills with an emphasis on accuracy and thoroughness
• Eager to advocate change to achieve core objectives in most efficient and effective manner
• Proficiency in Word and Excel and familiarity with Argus preferred
• BS/BA or MBA degree in Finance or Real Estate desired
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 174489BR
Business Divisions: Asset Management
Title: Asset Manager - Multi-Family
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - Connecticut
Function Category: Finance, Portfolio and fund management