UBS Financial Services Trust Company Head UBS Trustees (Jersey) Ltd in St. Helier,
• Responsible for the management of UBS Trustees (Jersey) Ltd., a licensed Trust Company in Jersey
• Act as Director and responsible executive of the Board of the three licensed entities which are administered by UBS Trustees (Jersey) Ltd.
• Influence the UBS in-house fiduciary strategy and offering as a Management Committee member of UBS Trusts & Foundations
• Contribute to the development of UBS in Jersey as member of the UBS Jersey location management team
• Implement the global UBS trust and fiduciary strategy, offering and policy framework efficiently and effectively under consideration of local regulations
• Define local governance, processes and control framework in order to deliver best in class service to clients
• Leadership of teams providing comprehensive trustee services for UBS Wealth Management clients from around the world but mainly from APAC, MEA and UK
• The core tasks of the team include trust onboarding, trust administration, trust termination, trust and company accounting, risk management and regulatory reporting
• Frequent interaction with UBS Client Advisors and UBS Wealth Planners to discuss issues of specific trusts and companies
• Interaction with settlors and beneficiaries related to specific cases (mainly in the UHNW client segment) upon specific request or in special situations
• Direct leadership responsibility for several line managers. In total UBS Trustees (Jersey) Ltd. employs more than 30 professionals.
• Local team consists of Trust/Fiduciary specialists, Accountants, Operations specialists and Risk Managers
• The team is also supported locally by functional teams responsible for IT, Financial Accounting, HR, Compliance and Operational Risk Control
• Integrated in the global Trust and Foundation segment with trust lawyers, product managers, fiduciary and operational specialists, product managers and project managers, who define the product offering, global policies and the risk and governance framework
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will join the Wealth Management team in Jersey (Channel Islands) responsible for the Trust business.
Your experience and skills:
• You have:
o a university degree or equivalent education and professional training
o relevant professional experience in the trust industry ideally you are a full member of STEP
o at least 10 years' profound practical leadership and management experience related to teams in highly regulated industries and diverse tasks
o experience with risk, compliance, regulatory and audit processes and enjoy optimizing and managing operational processes
o strong analytical skills and profound experience in handling complex matters with different stakeholders
o proven communication and presentation skills in front of senior management, team members, control functions, regulators and clients
• You are:
o a self-starter, intrinsically motivated, highly organized with excellent prioritization skills
o able to cope with pressure from different stakeholders with conflicting goals
o full of drive and known to get things done
o an excellent team player who likes to interact with colleagues globally and locally
o able to identify and fix gaps in the operating model
o fluent in English (verbal and written)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 177187BR
Business Divisions: Global Wealth Management
Title: Trust Company Head UBS Trustees (Jersey) Ltd
City: St. Helier
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Jersey
Function Category: Product Management and Development